Tire marks existing time?

Discussion in 'General' started by SKY FLIGHT, Jul 9, 2017.

1. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Anyone have an idea how to make the tire marks last longer? I don't know if that's really a thing but I'd love to make those tire marks last longer to see a lot of scratches on the road.

2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

well that is achieved through the groove mechanics. the more cars do laps the more appears. its just a low poly mesh layed on top of the road with a groove texture applied, track appears to get more rubber and this more grip. also this is done without the groove mechanic in various areas by laying a permanent texture over the track in specific areas with similar transparent properties through the material shader.

the dynmic skids are hard coded and likely not open to change. but you can change the texture that if I remember rightly is in the content/texture folder, a generic file.

3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Read through this thread, I think you'll manage to get what you want :).

Won likes this.
  4. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Lol yea I can do it when track building but I was talking about the skids by the car in game. But anyways I still find something useful thanks c:

5. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Now I got a little question, how do you usually setup skids at track building progress? Like, you're just on top put a plane on it or?

6. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

its just a plane with transparency used at the texture stage.. it can come in any shape or size you want.

luchian likes this.
  7. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

well I mean, I usually just simply draw on the texture. Just curious about how other people do.

8. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Drawing directly on the texture is not the best way. You will have tyre marks everywhere the texture repets itself.
    Tipically you would want tyre marks on the start grid ("from so many race starts and so many cars"), and also in the breaking zone, before and during a turn.

That's why one would apply a separate plane, only in the specific areas and use an alpha texture with tyre marks.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

9. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Yes I recently also found it wasn't the best way

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice