So completely new, what size does the track have to be etc? Cars falls through need help

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LockeNessMotorsports, Oct 21, 2016.

1. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

Hey,

So I've made my first track in 3ds max I've read the building your first track post on here but still struggling I've named my road mesh 1ROAD and my pit area 1PIT etc the same with the materials and applied them. However when i launch the track is tiny compared to the car and the car goes straight through the track and the wheels are also crooked on the car.

I've made the dummies AC_PIT0, etc as it said to do and put them 1metre or so off the track and also done the pivot correctly. I'm working on 3ds max with metres selected and in the custom 1 inch is 1 square etc. What size does the track have to be? Is there a particular size or what also what is causing my issue do you think? I'm scratching my head at this point.

I just grabbed another track for now and changed the ui do I need to write my own surfaces.ini or what? Tracks not done yet I just wanted to test it out to see how it is.

Any ideas

Attached Files:

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Problems probably come from the scale. For Assetto Corsa, always use meters.
    Be careful, in 3dsmax there are 2 scaling options. See this.

Also, you might need to normalize object scale. Something like xform modifier maybe (not sure about max, I work in Blender).

If you are using standard surfaces (ROAD, SAND, KERB, GRASS) you don't need to define individual surfaces.ini.

3. LockeNessMotorsports

4. LockeNessMotorsports

Does it have to be a certain size or what?

5. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

No. It can be whatever size you wish ..as long as it's big enough to fit at least the car :)

6. LockeNessMotorsports

Ahh ok I'll just have to play around then :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice