RELEASED-wip Snaefell Mountain Course

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Les Neilson, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Les Neilson

Les Neilson Active Member

Well, they said it couldn't be done, or even if it could, it would be undriveable. But apart from a bit of slight juddering at the start, I don't think there's much of a problem. Better drivers than me might notice something not quite right... There's still a huge amount of work to do on this, and it's probably pretty unrecogniseable in a lot of places. It's built in Race Track Builder, which means I'm dependent on Google Maps data for the elevations, which are only so-so. But because it's so big, it kind of evens it out a bit. The download link is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r24rgv3bt03otud/TT.zip

Comments welcome!

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

The weekend can't come soon enough !
    I need to try this, thank you for sharing :).

PS: also, should you need so, you can upload this directly to the DOWNLOADS section. Topic will be created automatically, and every time you post an update, users that follow will be notified automatically. Anyway, thanks for the work, keep going !

3. Les Neilson

A generous person has tried to make an ai file for my track, but it's not working. The cars start okay, then before even crossing the start line they dive off the track and disappear. Where can I find out more about ai lines?

ltcars likes this.
  4. Les Neilson

I should also say I tried to record an ai line myself following your instructions, but the recording function kept crashing...

5. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

You need to check the "limits" of your driveable surface. Check how the ROAD mesh is separated from the scenery (maybe GRASS or DIRT surface). If they are not separated, the AI will be totally confused.

PS: Had no time to try this track yet ! :/ (however vacation next week so maybe).

..sent from my phone.

6. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

i tried your course. didn't realise it was the isle of man. :lol:. its amazing you did so much work on such a thing tbh. the juddering car is because the track is breaching the size limits possible in AC for car physics. I think with a good texture person it could be not bad at all but it will never reach AC standard because itll takes years to do it like that. but for what rtb is capable of that's some good work.

7. Les Neilson

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice