RELEASED-wip Racewuppertal 0.7 Download ;)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by MisterWink, Aug 4, 2014.

1. MisterWink

MisterWink Member

Hi Racing fans
    I would like to present you my (REALY)first track. ^^
    the route is traced with Garmin GPS on my car roof. :eek:
    I think all the ups and downs with it are. 0 -. 467 meters in elevation,
    and it is very hilly , around the track is 80kmh maximum speed ..
    the track is now for moment currently only in Rfactor format. I have a video made of the track. so you could see him. it will probably take a couple of days until it is playable in Ac .... I hope you like it thaanks ;) ..
    2014-08-12_00002.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Interesting first project.
    Is this built in 3D software from scratch ? Or did you use something like BTB ?

Ask if you need help for converting it to AC ;)

3. MisterWink

MisterWink Member

hey is made with Btb . . . . and Blender :) .. ..

4. MisterWink

MisterWink Member

luchian likes this.
  5. luchian

All right, let's see :)

6. luchian

Depending on what your intetions are with your track, my feedback could be more or less useful. Ready for some constructive critic ? Here we go. If it's the first project you make, it's a good effort :). However, the main thing it needs (aside from technical stuff) is some more rigor when building it. For the time being it could use an overall cleaning, if I may.

Few suggestions:
    - road mesh needs more polys, and when modifying height don't forget to use soft selection.
    - more attention to textures; I think with some serious work, they could change the overall look quite drastically (even with current geometry)
    - if an object doesn't have its purpose in some place.. just don't put it :).

What I liked:
    - 3d trees not bad; they need work on textures/maps but still better that simple 2d
    - the layout itself is not that bad, and not short either; so there is some potential there I think.
    - although, I've never used it, I can see the utility of a tool like BTB.. Build all that from scratch, it would've probably taken 3x the time..

Keep it up, and keep us posted ;)

7. MisterWink

MisterWink Member

Thank you . . . . . ^^ i dont know all trix with BTB :D . . . . is for me the fastes way to creat a real race track . . . . 3d modeling take many many time , and this is wat i need to learn TIME . :D

but i learn slow
    Unbenannt.png 1966106_10201227288882675_2011142714131941302_o.jpg

i work on the next projekt :D i think is better :D 23,6 kilometers :D . . . . Unbenannt.png

8. luchian

If you'd like your track to be really enjoyable (and not only a learning exercise for you) my suggestion would be to spend some time on tweaking things before making it bigger. If it's big, but has many issues.. nobody will play it for more than a few laps, out of curiosity. Not even you..
    The beauty (and value) of a track is not only in its design but very much in its realisation, and attention to detail. There are hundreds of half finished tracks out there, but how many do you remember ?
    My two cents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice