W.I.P. Project: Shire, Glen Rannoch

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Pixelchaser, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

still refusing to give up with RTB. but getting somewhere really nice now. designed this without google terrain on flat. and slow built it and rise it all piece by piece just like the real thing. i managed to create workflow that can be repeated consistently now and now using atlas style textures for multiple variants of road, road edge, stripes, central lines. kerbs. without using new materials. best thing is its now in an xpack for re use. 2 more of these roundabouts and I might actually get a real world road feel to it.

[​IMG]

luchian likes this.
  2. Pixelchaser

second variant of European roundabout now only takes a day to two \o/ finally I can just churn out re usable road objects and get something proper done. these are the most complicated objects just T junctions and other basic crossover points next then I cant wait to put it all together. \o/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    luchian likes this.
  3. Pixelchaser

ingame was even better than i thought without any tuning in 3dmax, still basic shader though.\o/
    [​IMG]

im no drifter but heres a silly video of the subject.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    luchian likes this.
  4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Ahahaha, funny to imagine you as a drifer Ali :lol:. Other than this, it looks great indeed !

5. Pixelchaser

got my scenery locale and ring road sorted. its stupidly realistic smooth motorway with appropriate turn radius. its a blast to cruise around. now to implement the roundabouts \o/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Pelukas and luchian like this.
  6. luchian

Hahaha, a little competition for Black Cat County ? (White Cat Shire ?) :D

..sent from my phone.

7. Pixelchaser

:lol: yeah, this will be much nicer though I hope. probably seen as more boring but itll be realistic real roads.
    last nights test/ few versions ago. at 18 km I think it was a bit to long. so I dropped it down to 15 km today and eliminated the shaking car a lot more.

the un interupted speed is incredible, requires concentration just like at high speed on motoway. but it means I need an overpass junction roundabout now :lol: to not interrupt the high speed joy . I can only imagine cruising with others will be pretty nice experience and way to try these road cars.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    luchian and Pelukas like this.
  8. Pixelchaser

had the best idea ever today for my british scenery, "loch`s" or to those non Scottish people. "lakes" crudely implemented at present and not tuned very much. :lol: best use of 4 polygons ever. haha.... a 10 km wide plane.

happy new year all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Les Neilson and luchian like this.
  9. luchian

Looks awesome ! Happy new year @all !

10. Pixelchaser

cheers, its definitely a project to work more on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Les Neilson, QuadCoreMax and luchian like this.
  11. Pixelchaser

a crude picture from RTB this time :lol:. here I'm managing to import the separate roundabout and merge it with the main track nicely.

[​IMG]

QuadCoreMax and luchian like this.
  12. luchian

Will be fun trying your crazy project :). No pressure :D

13. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity what does that highway scene look like in wire frame?

14. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

@Pixelchaser

If you want to create massive road networks, CityEngine will allow to generate any real terrain & road networks in record time.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  15. Pixelchaser

poly count 9k.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Pelukas likes this.
  16. Pixelchaser

very nearly gave up past days, untill I watched Yoda and he said " do or do not, there is no try" :lol:. anyway I'm getting somewhere really good now. I have a whole system of roads now sprouting off 2 roundabouts. (need another 2), had a multiplayer test earlier which was nice too amazing just cruising like you do. when my friend tried it, it became apparent navigation is something you rarely need in sims given the circuit character, he was totally bamboozled as to where to go. even though there was only 1 road, and well that's exactly the effect I was trying to harness. with relevant signage and complete road signatures, by golly this will work !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Won, Pelukas and luchian like this.
  17. Pixelchaser

managing to massage these roundabouts into the terrain now.:nerd: have 3 roundabouts complete and joined and 2 Loch side roads and another into the centre. plenty routes it has so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

luchian and Pelukas like this.
  18. Pixelchaser

one thing that I find amazing is that I made this, and still I get lost in it :lol:, (cant export to youtube on twitch today.)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  19. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

Not bad for RTB. I did see some staircase effect on a few sharper uphill turns.

20. Pixelchaser

yeah loads of staircase shuddering everywhere where you push the car.. and quite unhappy with my single track roads too, being 12km wide you loose scale perception when you lay roads down. physics layer will sorts the shuddering,

, I'm just debating what else to dobefore it goes to max for a clean up and the rest. haven't even touched the scenery textures yet. its good fun cruising in multiplayer too. much better than I thought it would be, was doing a hide and seek style thing earlier and I'm convinced there can be some really silly fun emergent gameplay from such a thing. of course its very forzaesque etc but such a thing can exist with physics heavy sim.

not driven the huayra for ever, man its the sexiest car in the game. I'm going to have a motorway services atop a 600m long exit and entrance ramps off the hard shouldered fast sections. hopefully itll work like the nords tourist car park.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice