Old-New

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Ricardo Rey, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Ricardo Rey

Ricardo Rey Active Member

Greeting!

I have been involved in sim racing all my life. Made some GPL tracks, did some RF mods, but have been away 5 years.

Just purchased AC last week and loving it! My goal, hopefully, is to convert some work I previously did (and update it) for AC.

Look forward to joining this group. I will spend time reading most of the forum before I jump in.
    Cheers!

Willy Wale, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

welcome!

there is a track building main thread, best starting there, Ac is the easiest sim to mod, may you have much joy. but there are many explicit aspects unique to the ac engine. most notably is the invisible physical layers we drive on that are not actually rendered, and 3dsimed is essential for learning to do it like Kunos do it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  3. Ricardo Rey

Thank you!

Most of my tools are at least 5 years old. I did purchase the latest 3DSIMED (i). I also own Zmodeler 2, but I think I would need Zmodeler 3 (?). I downloaded Blender, but have not fired it up and I know that will require some learning time.

I have a mod/conversion/compilation of the F1 1981 season that I never completed (It runs now as beta on RF1) that I would like to put into AC. I would love help on it as the physic are nice with the turbo engines and would love to see it with new tire models. (Don't mean to overuse "love", if that is possible) I started a 1982 Long Beach F1 track that is a mess.

I retired (from real-life work) this year and have a lot of time to re-learn "modding", but I also like to drive :)

See you soon...

luchian likes this.
  4. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

well, id revisit polygon layouts from objects that old. I used to mod for rfactor too with IDT group and I know its a bit of a different ball game now in many realms regards car modelling.. but on a visual level. its about shaders more than ever before, and not a lot of people realise this. well in the track making realm at least. but all the hints are available by carefully looking at content in that program.

5. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hey @Ricardo Rey , welcome to the forums :).

Great to hear AC is inspiring people giving modding a (new) go. Its capabilities and flexibility are really awesome, and with enough work you can actually achieve very impressive results - offering very nice virtual experiences.

Spend some time to read, maybe give a basic track a go, and then jump into your projects. Once you get the workflow, it gets easier to debug. And should that be a problem, the forum is here for that: ask away :).

Have fun !

6. Ricardo Rey

Thank you luchian...

I will do just that

7. Ricardo Rey

One last comment before we part this "hello" post...

I have wandered through various post's and threads throughout the day, and I must say, I am very impressed and happy that I found this place. I had a very comfortable feeling as I read conversations here and there. A warm seriousness :) and courteous responses.

Well done!

Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice