Need some help, clearing up with terrain masks

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LockeNessMotorsports, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r@m

r@m Active Member

You were wrong...deal with it :D

2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

there is no trigger here for you to pull. there is only your own misunderstanding of what people are asking and what people are telling.

3. r@m

r@m Active Member

You clearly misunderstood his intentions of him wanting to remove detail from the diffuse texture, and advised him that detail texture masks would cut out diffuse detail.

This is entirely wrong as I'm sure you now realise.

**** your mother too.

4. Pixelchaser

its not my fault the word "mask" was used in the wrong context by Kunos themselves. but as its called mask I can only use the word mask, and I know it doesn't "MASK" anything. :) mask is just the wrong word, but I cant change it.

mask means to cover or conceal, yet this is not occurring in the shader, and that is not my fault, the primary focus should be that lochness got to where he wanted. and that's where "I" got him too.

if you havd predicated your conversation on the correct terminology of mask which you attempted to do after the fact trying to make it look like I don't know what I'm talking about along with your abusive responsese, theres nothing I can do about it. I didn't even try get involved. I solely just tried to get lochnes to where he needed to be, but you will persist with your nonsense, and yet again another derail of a thread just because its me you are dealing with.

just stop talking to me please.

5. r@m

r@m Active Member

:lol:, you still don't get it.

Lochness now knows detail textures don't cut OUT details they overlay on top, that's all that matters here...you getting butthurt for someone pointing out your mistake is irrelevant.

You call me a mother f*cker and then accuse me of being abusive? classic :D

Jebus likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

I never said it cut out anything and my history in this forum ive never said it actually masks anything by the correct terminology, I only ever referred to it a blending shader. and here is the doozy.

IT can actually cut out and mask anything it wants too ;) if you know what you are doing of course. I shall demonstrate this if necessary. nuff said. I know what I'm doing on every single level when it comes textures and shaders as its my primary skill , my track work simply focuses on my learning of the other skills at this stage that I don't have by default.

sorry for calling you names, it is pathetic, but you triggered me and you got what you wanted. since then I promised to never let you trigger me again. so I wont be calling you names anymore. and just like you, not to yourself directly.

7. r@m

r@m Active Member

"Triggered" [​IMG]

As this was the effect he was asking for in the first place, knock yourself out explaining it.

8. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

OK guys, I think each had at least one occasion to reply (..so you are not left with the e-ego completely hurt). Should you wish to continue, please do it via PM. While it's true that the forum is not very active, I would still chose complete silence any day to name calling and useless Internet fights :banghead:. And since the thread opener had his solution, I will close this for the moment.

Normally I would say thank you. Not this time.

Jebus and Willy Wale like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice