QUESTION Need help- spawned at the wrong position.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by SKY FLIGHT, Jul 8, 2017.

1. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I need some help right the way. If anyone know how to fix it would be very appreciated.
    So I had made a track, tested a few version and basically it's fine. It could be run properly.
    And suddenly at the latest version of editing, my car just spawned at a very wrong position which is way far away from my PIT position.

ref1.jpg
    This is the PIT position I suppose to be. Which the prop is created in RTB.

ref2.jpg
    I also included the properties of the props in case I did something wrong but I didn't notice.

ref3.jpg
    Aaaand the car just keep spawned at the middle of the map which waay far from the position and keeps falling.

I've done everything, the map looks fine. And this last little error drives me crazy. If anyone can point it out I will be very appreciated.

2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

it can only be the origin point of the object. not the object position. I know this isn't clear in RTB also. so in the editor there is a cross hair of sorts and this marks the origin. that would confirm where the origin is. so... select object, and look in the middle, if that axis cross hair thing is there then that's the problem.

in 3dsmax find the pivot and re centre it to object. in blender... I'm not sure. id re export from rtb, but I realise you maybe past that stage..

in RTB now you can seperatly save the spawns to their own fbx. id suggest doing that with a re export. and then evaluate that fbx only. and add it to, or set the track layout to use multiple fbx files.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  3. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

I've checked KS and Maya (I used maya to model), all the pit location props are on the center itself, no axis flew away. So it's the prop trashed itself?

4. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Still couldn't figure out how to fix it yet...

5. Pixelchaser

I'm not sure without looking at it. just make them again I think.

on the pivots the Y axis needs to be pointing up if not already, I just say this because the initial and common cause is mis understanding this whole origins axis shift stuff.

6. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi @SKY FLIGHT , welcome to the forums.

In the screenshots above, I can only see the start lines objects. Click on a spawn point (start or pit) and let's see location. If it says 0 0 0, there's your problem, just as Pixeldude is sayin'. How to fix it ? Well, given the different workflows (I've never used Maya, for example), the "simplest" way would be the advice above - just make them again :).

7. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Hi, thanks all the replies, but I still cannot fix the problem yet.

ref4.jpg
    Which one should I look at? Left one is selected the root, right one is selected the under prop.
    This one was remake following Luchian's guide with a simple cube, still doesn't work yet. Meanwhile RTB cannot successfully save the object seperately and i dunno why.

Maybe anyone could have a time take a look?

8. Pixelchaser

look at the position values. on the right its at 0 0 0 . that's the problem, but RTB doesn't do this, so something along the way is affecting that, anyway you might be able to fill those figures in with the figures on the left. try that.

in RTB is the export option is set to "Assetto corsa" and since the recent updates to "Race Track Builder" under export options will now appear a list of what you may want to export.

9. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

I've also thought of your first solution and I tried, which is not worked. What it confused me was, I wasn't change anything of the pit from the very first and the first few test version was worked perfectly. And now I finalized the map, it didn't work. It is so frustrating... :/

10. Pixelchaser

well I can fix it for you, but until I know exactly what you are doing between maya and rtb we will never knoe the problem,. but the problem isn't RTB. just pm me it over if you want. the final track in its folder etc. even as kn5 file if you want. , what I can do too is separate this annoyance from the rest until you work out whats going wrong to leave a working version.

luchian likes this.
  11. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

Sent you a PM.

12. Pixelchaser

pivots being the issue, all set to centre of scene. still a bit strange, can only put it down to maya and or some export settings or something else,

I don't think you were looking at the actual pivots in maya sky flight.

: map, error, help
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice