SOLVED Modelling pits and getting uvw's correct lines etc where they need to be?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LockeNessMotorsports, Feb 6, 2017.

1. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

Hey,

So I've hit another snag I'm determined to get this track done aha but i keep hitting roadblocks part of the learning process i guess :) anyway here's a picture of ks nords pit in 3d sim ed 3 and I've also posted a picture of what I have so far, I don't know how to go about modelling the pits should i just drag the edges off the track and do it little by little or should i make a plane and just snap it in in the end.

Looking at the mesh for the ks nords track it has holes in the msh in certain sections within the pit area I would've just modelled it as one big area but it doesn't look right.

Next problem how would i go about accurately unwrapping the lines for the pit etc to get it bang on, starting to get confused now aha with all these texture maps etc Usually to unwrap I select it by polys and and unwrap uvw and go from there but for tiny little areas where lines etc need to go I'm a little confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

My pit area I need to make.

pitarea.png

And the nords pit area with white lines mapped accurately etc.

nords.png

2. LockeNessMotorsports

edit: to do the lines i guess it could just be a seperate mesh :)

3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

i build mine into my textures, but when that doesn't work just laying a low poly line down does the trick.

4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

For the pits you will need a separate mesh anyways, so it can act as PIT area (with limited speed).

For the road markings, it's always better to have separate mesh also (a few mm above the track). If you include it in the road texture, it will looks blurry at very short distances.

5. LockeNessMotorsports

Yeah, I think Seperate mesh works best for the lines I'm getting there now slowly, just adding the curbs which seem to be ok.

Only thing I may struggle on is the terrain for some reason even though I imported it in 4K from rtb it's really just horrible aha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice