Modding St-Ursanne

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Won, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Won

Won New Member

Hello guys!

How should I start? Like always...first of all sorry for my english :oops:
    A year ago I registered here only to ask about textures... and what I found was an interesting page with a lot of information ,i learned a lot from this web and I think it's time to start doing something more complicated than changing textures. :lol:

Let's get to the point ... a couple of months ago a friend told me if I could make an arrangement on the asphalt to this track. He has a seat with movement and noticed strange things especially in the 2 more pronounced curves(Hairpins in english??) . So I told him I'd do what I could.
    After fixing that, having to pass it through the kseditor,so... I wanted to retouch some shaders to give it a better look, and after that ... I decided to change and optimize everything I could ... it's like a drug. :p

Of course I have contacted the creators and I have permission to work on the track (Thanks Dxciac and Tom) :)

i'm what's being said a rookie in blender, and I really do not have a great knowledge about it. And I'm sure I do not do things the right way, but I do not worry. Another reason to do this is to learn more about it.

So I leave you with some videos and pics of what I have done.

I am in no hurry to finish the project, in fact, I will take it quite calmly. Surely I have to repeat 1000 things, but if I have something, it is patience.

First the original place,(I'll look at this video for details)

Original track in AC:

And what I have done in my version.

And some pics.:

-This is how it all started, for thats steps what you can see on the asphalt.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here the mesh more smoothed, without steps. I know it's not very tidy. But it feels much better than the original.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same place less triangulized. It gives me a bit of shame show that ugly mesh.:oops:
    [​IMG]

Bridge,whit lot of fails in ¿¿vertex normals maybe?? their shadows do not make sense.
    [​IMG]

The houses consist of 7 or 8 objects. And the same in number of materials. :confused:
    [​IMG]

And to end the moment the difference from one version to another. I have managed to reduce everything excep the "B.SIZE". The numbers in DIP are insane. In my version I still can reduce it to about 1500. Well, I have not configured any type of LOD, (for comparative purposes only).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for the moment this is everything. Surely I have forgotten a lot of things. I'll add them.
    Comments of all kinds are appreciated. As long as they are constructive.
    Anyway, if you just want to criticize me you can do it, but please remember that I am learning !!! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers!! :)

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

That's probably because during the conversion process, 3DSimED split each material to its own object. Assetto Corsa limitation, one material per object.

Looking really good!

3. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

4. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

I think its rather a fbx limitation

5. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Ah there you go!

6. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS Member

It's not, you can export to rf2 in FBX with multiple UV channels

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice