W.I.P. Lime Rock

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Pixelchaser, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

proper 3d grass variation, a 100 x 100 m example of what I will try with limerock. whats amazing that its actually coloured by the ground beneath, which aint been done before in ac.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Yes, exactly. Somehow, it can get away even without 3d grass. (e.g. on lower World settings).
    Looks great !

Pixelchaser likes this.
  3. Pixelchaser

and a bit better explanatory image of what ive discovered with 3d grass. again 100m x 100m area. (wish id make the grass to scale) Ive exagerated the light and put the 3d grass on dark background so you can see it, so that's not a transparency blend with what is below :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  4. luchian

Interesting. Want to see more. Especially closer to what the end result might look like :).

/offtopic:
    Sorry for my scarce presence lately. It's a bit difficult to find time, it's crazy at work.
    However, I do manage to read at least, and I pass at least for my daily dose of Lime :D.
    Keep it up. I'm sure I'm not the only one watching this thread - even if people are not too vocal about it.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  5. Pixelchaser

thanks. it would look like above, but without super sized grass like I have there, the point is I'm variating all the grass in the scene with an actual scenery map.

this I'm doing with the grass should be default. its nothing special. its actually ment to work like this, but for some reason they decided to set it to destroy the grass a different way. this is such a shame tbh. I mean why why why ? I'm just re building the main texture to work like it should. they have tuned their ground textures to fit their style of 3d grass because they poorly variate it. when they could have approached it like this. :(

6. Pixelchaser

something a bit nicer to look at :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

luchian, Willy Wale and Jebus like this.
  7. Pixelchaser

8. Pixelchaser

just got around to trying photo mode in AC.... might as well picture limey with it also I figure you gota test your surfaces with the photomode so your track can be used by those guys with the fancy photo techniques, not that this looks good or anything but its a start to trying to satisfy the photo mode aspect of ac.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  9. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Active Member

Great looking project, congrats :)
    One question, how did you the image of the surrounding terrain?

Pixelchaser likes this.
  10. Pixelchaser

TY Mitja , its just a good old google texture at the moment and multilayer shader for the hillsides and far distance. I place it on the lidar which I optimise with "pro optimiser modifier " and the inner scenery texture is from an ortho* corrected image from their state website. 20000 x20000 pixels. best scenery image I ever did see. it also matched very well with the lidar

question, do you like this style as compared to how kunos might do it? it is very different and I just don't know about it myself.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Active Member

Like it of course. Kunos is not All might you know, still something can be done batter I suppose. I just hope that 20k+20k image will not eat too much of a memory. Have you tested with or without it?
    I did try using some huge image on my new project, but let it go, since I didn`t find any reasonable reason to use it (but depend of the environment or surrounding of the track). I have plenty of trees around the track too (like you, I think mine even more), so I have to focus on that.
    But atm I am trying hard to do the physical layer (more in some other thread).

12. Pixelchaser

its using 8192 at the present, the main point was the original resolution.

13. luchian

Hey Ali,
    Could you give me this dimension on your track please ?
    From Google/Ref images it seems to me around 40m. Does that seem legit ? :)

distance.jpg

LE: ..yet, seems way too much actually. Or if you could give me at least the width of the track in this area ? Will wait for your input.

PS: Damn, feels good to model something again :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  14. Pixelchaser

haha nice, well, I`ve had my few weeks break and re started on it yesterday. yes ill get these in a bit. (it certainly is in the region of 40 metres 34/35 Armco to armco) I have about 4 hrs work to do for my next version. so ill send it over after that and you can give some feedback and deduce whether its worth continuing with in its present form. a little mp session would be nice too

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  15. luchian

Sure, I will be up for it !

16. Pixelchaser

luchian likes this.
  17. Pixelchaser

some renewed inspiration gained from hearing what our Luchian thinks of the circuit development. :) cheers man. I`am definitely suffering from developer glasses syndrome that leads you to not appreciate what should be appreciated.

hope to have something new to show soon.

18. luchian

Little bit of progress with about 2 hours I had today. The modelling is very simple, but actually finding good reference photo/video for this bridge is incredibly hard :). So. it's more planning and calculating than actual modelling :). But still, I think it's going OK. I'll try to add as much detail as available from references, but without unnecessary increase of polys.

progress_11.jpg

Pixelchaser likes this.
  19. Pixelchaser

weyhey ! nice one luchian.

luchian likes this.
  20. luchian

Reworked and cleaned a little bit the geometry. I have around 37m between the 2 pillars.. more needed ? Now it starts to seem too short :D. Anyway, it's sort of modular so not really difficult to make it longer. But once the UV mapping is done.. then it will be annoying. Still, some more hours needed to get to that point. So there is still some time :D.

progress_12.jpg

Pixelchaser likes this.
: Lime Rock, Track
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice