1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ksSkinnedMesh - gear lever dust cover

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by HarryTx65, Feb 3, 2018.

1. HarryTx65

HarryTx65 New Member

Hi there

I'm trying to animate the gear lever dust cover of a car but just can't get it to work in Assetto Corsa.
    It works fine in 3DS Max but as soon as I assign ksSkinnedMesh in ksEditor the dust cover is rendered at a wrong position.
    I'm totally stuck there looks like I'm doing something wrong but could not figure out what so far. I read the pipeline document quite carefully but I still don't see how to do that.

In 3Ds Max:
    3ds-max-lever.jpg

skin.jpg

no skinned mesh assigned:
    ks-edit-per-pixel.jpg

skinnedMesh assigned
    ks-edit-skinned-mesh.jpg

I wonder if somebody worked with skinned mesh and maybe could point out what I'm doing wrong. I guess it'll be something rather basic.

I would appreciate any hint since I'm really stuck here.

Cheers

Harry

Attached Files:

2. luchian

luchian Administrator ACM Racing Team ACM Club Driver

Hi,
    I did not yet played with this on my car, so maybe the more experienced users might help.
    @garyjpaterson @AccAkut

3. AccAkut

AccAkut New Member

4. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson Member

Same, experimented with it to get flexible hoses working on the FSAE car, and despite it looking awesome in 3ds, I couldn't get it to play ball properly ingame, so probably not the best person to ask I'm afraid.

5. HarryTx65

HarryTx65 New Member

Thank you very much for your fast answers.
    I already tried to set the pivot point of the mesh (skin) at 0, 0, 0. Did not help so far.