How to install skins and carrer???

Discussion in 'General' started by gepeto26, Apr 26, 2016.

1. gepeto26

gepeto26 New Member

So i know the basic about putting cars in cars folder and track in track folder in main game.Some files i download have template.psd file attached?where should i put that template?its usually a single file but its sometimes called skinning material folder or skin template folder which contains 3-4 psd files called for example headsafety.psd lakier.psd rims.psd rims4.psd rollcage.psd etc...Where should i put those psd files???and the question about carrer mods?some mods like F1 mods and maybe some else offer attached carrer mods and driver folder???where to put those carrer and driver folder which come included??Thanks for answer and sorry for long messege i tryied to be more exact :)

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi @gepeto26 , welcome :). Let's take it one by one.

Skins
    Typically, skins will be installed somewhere like \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\_car_x\skins.
    All the skins to be used ingame are in *.dds format. The *.psd files can't be used directly. They are Photoshop source files and they are available for anyone who wishes to paint their own liveries. You need a program like Photoshop, Gimp or Paint.net, edit the psd the way you like and then Save it as dds to be able to use it ingame. To save it as dds, for Photoshop, you will need a plugin, something like nVidia dds plugin (free).

Career
    To install career files, you just need to copy your series folder in your \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\career folder.

For more info, don't hesitate to ask.
    Will try to update the FAQ section as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice