Hello from Denmark.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by DanTDBV, Jan 2, 2016.

1. DanTDBV

DanTDBV Member

I have been into simracing and simflying on and of, since Indycar Racing II. I have had most of my fun with Indycar Racing II, Nascar Racing, GPL, RBR and now AC.

Starting with a CH Flightstick Pro. Boy, what a change, when I got a CH Flightsim Yoke and CH Pedals. When Gameport support dissapered from pc's, my interest slowly faded. Its noo fon when yo cannt plogin dee Swingho wheello anomooore. ;-)

The G27 was coming out, as my interest was rekindling, and it looked to be just what I nedeed, so I got that. That was defenitly a great improvement over the CH Yoke and pedals. To make it better, I have reverse mounted the pedals and added a homebuilt handbrake. (Switch version)

I have been a volunter, at Copenhagen Historic GrandPrix since 2012. Already back then I thought, wouldn't it be great to drive this in a racing game.

At the time I knew about BTB and was considering doing it myself, but it stranded.

At some point in 2015, I decided, that now it was to be. I wanted to build the CHGP Bellahoej Park track. I was told that another, is building it. I am in contact with him and I hope, that I am alloved to join his effort.

I then decided that I would build, the CHGP Faelledparken track. I was in the beginning planning stages and got sidetracked.

I was invited to participate, in a race day, at Nisseringen close to Naestved in Denmark.

The first real racing I have ever done. I'm 43 now and I got my drivers licence, just before I turned 40.

I participated in 5 3 lap heats. 3 as driver, 2 as passenger. I am pretty proud, that my second heat ever as a driver, ended with a second place. Adding to the fun was, that the track was wet. Fortunatly no rain.

I had a great day there.

It is a little fun track, with multiple layout choises. It is part tarmac and part dirt. The dirt creates some lovely slippery mud, when wet.

I just knew that I had to build the track. When I discovered LIDAR/Point Cloud data showing the terrain differences, it became first priority.

If you wish to see racing on the track, do a search for nisseringen 2015 on youtube.

55.222300, 11.897978 is the coordinates for the center of the car track.

I also have some ideers for fantasy tracks.

I have BTB, RTB, 3DSimED3, CloudCompare, Meshlab, Meshmixer and Blender.

I am in the proces of learning, how to do these things and finding the strengths and weaknesses of these programs, so I will be reading up on a lot of stuff here and elsewhere.

To build: Nisseringen and CHGP Faelledparken.

I hope to offer some great rides for others.

liquido and luchian like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hey @DanTDBV , welcome to the forums.
    Sound to me like an intense sim-enthusiast career :D, that also got the opportunity to taste it IRL. Which is very cool, since not a lot of simracers get to do that.

I must admit, I am not at all familiar with Denmark's tracks, but I would of course love to see as many as them possible recreated inside AC.

Looking forward to see some projects started, and don't hesitate to post on forums, will gladly help when possible :).

3. Alexjonson

Alexjonson Active Member

Hi Dan!

Welcome. I'm very familiar with denmark. Used to race Formula Ford over there back in 2013. Great memories. I would love to have Padborg Park in the game since thats my favourite track, but also Jyllandsringen or Djursland Ring would be very cool to have :D
    but I'm a hardware guy myself and keep the mods to the people that know what they do, you can check out my build in the sim-rig section of the forum. :)

luchian likes this.
  4. DanTDBV

DanTDBV Member

I know that a conversion of Jyllandsringen to AC exist. But I don't know if it is legal or not.

That's why I don't post a link.

5. liquido

liquido Active Member

Wellcome Dan, I also love racing and fly sims, I start to make stages for RBR with BTB... I have used Meshlab to process meshes obtained from elevation data STRM1 and now learning Blender to properly finish our works. Really interested in your experiences as pilot... I'm 38 years old and always wanted to be a pilot on a real race... don't want to be f1 champion, just race agaisnt others.

6. Rune Hansen

Rune Hansen New Member

I know this is an old thread, but is there any danish tracks?

7. raspritz

raspritz New Member

This is an old thread, with no answer to the previous post. But I wonder if anybody has ever built the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix Bellahoej Park track for AC?

8. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

If a google search yielded no results, then most likely it wasnt built.

9. raspritz

raspritz New Member

Too bad. The OP wanted to do it, somebody told him somebody else was doing it, and in the end nobody did it. Too bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice