1. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson Member

garyjpaterson submitted a new resource:

Formula Student UCM 2016 - UCM 2016 FSAE Car

Read more about this resource...

luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Nice surprise. Can't wait to give it a go tomorrow, thank you for sharing. Curious about the behavior of a thing like this.

3. luchian

Tension rising.. Going in !

garyjpaterson likes this.
  4. luchian

I love this thing ! I did not know exactly what to expect, because I voluntarily did not want to read too much about the technical details of the real counter-part. Funny (now) story: I should've noted that it's electric - because I would've not wasted 15 minutes trying to figure out "what is wrong with my AC sound again ?" :D.

1.jpg

It is not so much about the vehicle itself, but of what it can offer in AC. The feeling I get racing this, is the closest I got to doing karting with friends IRL. I know there are modded karts for AC (or for rF2), but because I am missing some of the ques I have irl, they seem harder more annoying to drive than they should be: the steering more twitchy, the power delivery, etc.
    This thing on the other hand, offers that exact balance of fun, close racing, and "floor it" instinct all the time. Just like with the amateur karts, I need to concentrate more on the lines and on carrying as much speed into the corners than on the rest. I need to provoke a MP event with these - it can be addictively fun.

Last thing to note - the execution. Love the attention to details. Even if it's a "niche" car, nothing seem to be done on a hurry. On the contrary. Don't take my word for it - have a look for your self.

2.jpg
    3.jpg

Fantastic work @garyjpaterson - I hope you'll never loose motivation to mod for AC.

As a side note, you really took the time to actually upload it here (I thought you've put a link to some external site initially) - thank you very much for the gesture !

garyjpaterson likes this.
  5. luchian

Hey @garyjpaterson , I was looking at the skins folder. And there is the 3d template one. Would you have a few pointers on how to start with that ?
    I've never tried it in PSD, but I reckon it can be a huge help for skinning. I used to love a similar thingy in LFS, where you had the viewer to see the changes (almost) real-time. But those were simpler times, all you had to edit was the skin jpg :).

2018-02-04_143833.jpg

6. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson Member

Not a lot of pointers from me tbh, I only just started using it a few months back for the RSS in blind panic when our skinner had disappeared :ROFLMAO:

Its not the most intuitive process, i watched a lot of youtube tutorials to see how most people were doing it.

MY process was build up the livery roughly in 3D, just doing one side and not worrying about any overlap onto other parts of the car, then, once I'm happy with the shapes i work purely in 2D, using what i made in 3D as a guide only.

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice