W.I.P. Fiorano

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by MLT, Nov 2, 2017.

1. MLT

MLT Active Member

Interesting approach. But that would mean to UV map them again, not really into doing that again, hehe.
    But I'll keep your suggestion in mind for other models. I think this will come in handy with the Shell pit-stop.

Cheers!

2. MLT

MLT Active Member

Update coming soon, stay tuned!
    EDIT: gonna push this for tomorrow. I won't be able to finish it right if I hurry up :p
    I've improved my workflow, so know I should get things pixel perfect, without using as much time as before.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  3. MLT

MLT Active Member

Update, so here are a few screens of the garage with diffuse, specular, roughness, normal maps.
    These screens are within Unity 5, there will be some small differences as to how it looks in AC, but the texture systems is pretty much the same. I'm using unity to preview objects, because it does the model and texture change on the fly.
    It is quite an improvement over last version, not sure I'm 100% satisfied, but for now it is pretty OK I think.
    (OH, btw it still needs the smoothing groups!)

But now I think it's time to get into modelling the shell pit stop (1972 version)

fiorano_garage1.jpg fiorano_garage2.jpg

Hope you people like it

EDIT: this model is 3980 tris, I'm aiming at 4k per main building ( that would make the plaza around 15k, which is pretty good I think. :) )

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

I like it. It looks believable, you are not stroked by the bland look anymore. Of course, there is always place for more but I would not do it better - I am not a texture guy :). Remains to be seen how it looks in AC.

Also, do you use a normal map for brick texture ? If yes, it seems to be reversed, meaning bricks look embedded and the mortar between them pops out. It should be the other way around, imo.

5. MLT

MLT Active Member

Yes thanks for pointing it out, I have to fix that. I will be importing this into AC later in the evening to check if everything looks alright. I did a few tests in the KS editor and shaders behave the way they need to, so textures are correct.

luchian likes this.
  6. MLT

MLT Active Member

As promised, here are a few screens from within AC. It doesn't look as nice as in Unity 5, but nevertheless it is good-looking, specially when you add a Ferrari classic next to it.
    I will have to improve the texture, but that can wait for now. fiorano_garage_ac1.jpg fiorano_garage_ac2.jpg

luchian and Johnr777 like this.
  7. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

luchian likes this.
  8. MLT

MLT Active Member

Thanks Johnr777, yes I've been reading a bit about them trees. The one I used here is one that comes with RTB and is a 3d tree. Meanwhile I just put it there to fill the scene a bit, to show off the building.
    So for far away trees, the Y shape is the best method right?

I'll be working on the pit stop today. Stay tuned

9. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

You could get away with one or 2 medium detailed trees upclose, but for the normals to work correctly all times of the day, they need to be Y, about 12 faces (4 per plane) and the pivot point at the bottom and middle of the object.

Kunos’ team modeled 3D trees for their Fiorano, but still kept simple. Ill remind myself to show you a shot of them.

10. MLT

MLT Active Member

Oh ok cool thanks for the tips. I will get into tree modelling after all buildings are setup. It'd be great to get a look at those fiorano trees, as I'm having trouble myself identifying the type of trees present there.

11. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Don’t think even Kunos knew :lol:, looks way too random

12. MLT

MLT Active Member

Hahaha, well it seems true, I've checked out some Ferrari Virtual Academy renders and I've compared the models to the real world photos, and there's lots of fantasy going on as well.
    EDIT: not tree models though, but buildings.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Interesting, but fva is using 2008/2009 references, quite a bit can change

14. MLT

MLT Active Member

@Johnr777 , sorry my bad I got mixed up with Ferrari Racing Legends (FRL). Those have funny business going on with the main buildings. FVA with laser scan should be like the real deal.

Update coming today

15. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Yeah, Ferrari Racing Legends is a pile of puke, :lol:

16. MLT

MLT Active Member

Small peek preview of what's coming, hopefully today.

fiorano_1972_pitstop.jpg

Still needs to be finished ( doors, windows, staircase, railings, and some props )
    The tarmac texture for this, isn't done yet.

More coming in a few hours

luchian likes this.
  17. MLT

MLT Active Member

Quick little update. Still lots of work required but slowly getting there. It still needs some modelling, texturing. No other type of textures except diffuse. This is just a rough version, dont pay much attention to the surroundings.

11111.jpg 222222.jpg
    I'll keep working tomorrow on this and try to leave it a final version of the building.

Johnr777 and luchian like this.
  18. MLT

MLT Active Member

Another small update:
    I've added the staircase, and railings. There are still some other objects that need to be modelled, but the building is almost done. I've improved the texture a bit, but still needs lot of work.
    another.jpg

EDIT: Model at the moment is around 1600 tris, still got plenty of room left for more detail and other stuff.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  19. MLT

MLT Active Member

Another small update:
    Fixed a few things in the model, improved upon the texture, matched colors.
    Now it needs to get a normal, roughness, specularity map. Then I'll make an AC import and release some more screens.

pitstop1972_rough1.jpg pitstop1972_rough2.jpg pitstop1972_rough3.jpg

luchian likes this.
  20. MLT

MLT Active Member

Fiorano 1972 Layout Summary:
    1) Schumacher Plaza ( 3 main buildings, green areas, adjacent parking lot, jet fighter. )
    2) Pitstop Garage ( 1972 model & branding )
    3) Track Layout 1972 ( pretty obvious )
    4) Crowd ( 1972 inauguration event photographers inside circuit, other people around the exterior fences. )
    5) Special ( Enzo Ferrari character, with selectable camera for playback, it will be as he's watching you race )

Cheers!

luchian likes this.
: Track mod
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice