Ferrari 275 GTB Engine sound?

Discussion in 'Sounds' started by r@m, Jul 6, 2017.

1. r@m

r@m Active Member

It seems there's more chance of stepping in rocking horse shit than finding a decent tutorial on adding / editing car sounds....so this is more of a request.:D

I'm currently using the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Versión:1.5 to test my track but would love to plop the 275 GTB soundbank in there, I spend most of my time on bumper cam, the 250 is good, but the 275 is down and dirty.

Does anyone have the skills ? Is is a lot of work ? Is the soundtrack from the C'etait un Rendevous video good enough, or can someone simply point me to any better instruction than currently exists?

The PDF is vague at best and as I spend all of my time modelling I can't invest the R&D time to figure it all out, besides the fact I'd only be doing it once.

tia

2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

you could simply wait for the Ferrari`s to be released within the next 6 months and you have your soundtrack. but you should be driving with a merc` :lol:.

3. r@m

r@m Active Member

I saw that thread, is the 275 confirmed ?

I should be driving with a merc that sounds like a 275 :p

In 6 months I will have figured it out myself :D

4. r@m

r@m Active Member

I just checked...the 275 isn't in the list :(

http://www.assettocorsa.net/ferrari-70th-anniversary-pack/

...so my question still stands.

5. Pixelchaser

surely the 330 would do ?

6. r@m

r@m Active Member

the P4 mod? I always have problems with it, maybe it needs updating, no external sounds, the gears skip like crazy, the suspension is too stiff, the bumper cam is too high up, no auto gears, so not much use when testing tracks.

The 250 is perfect..except the noise ;)

7. Pixelchaser

im sure the official p4 will be better.

regards views, in the ini files somewhere, camera ini, or onboard camera ini, you can change the f5view to to be freedom camera, reverse the present spherical cords parameter and free roam with wsad zx fg and position the camera wherever and with whatever fov.

8. r@m

r@m Active Member

But the P4's not a 275, it rather keep true to the film.

Oh yeah just remembered, the cams not an issue, you can change it from the app panel.

9. Pixelchaser

well of course, but heres the thing. if you break this film down its good for one reason. the sound is not the visual and vice versa. and that is how you should play your version out too. for starters all those cobblestone sounds going to ruin it if you actually give them cobblestone sounds on the sound track. and if you drive like Ferrari drove on the sound track to get that sound then you introduce the disparity between what the original car was doing. and that was not driving like the Ferrari was. so you have a tough act to follow if you try it with a combined sound and visual notion through the game engine. so definitely you need to make a 275 sound bank not for the car drive but to overlay. but I cant see how you can really if something similar isn't good enough already whilst not having a 275 anytime soon. making the track and making the video are two entirely different things, that cant be the same if the video is of importance. maybe I look to much into what thing really are at times. if a simple drive around paris in ac is good enough to replicate the video then fair enough but I wouldn't see the artistic connection.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  10. r@m

r@m Active Member

For me it's simply the mood of the film, a guy needing to get his rocks off driving a Ferrari like he stole it. :D

Certain areas will have cobble sounds, as will one with a fluttering pigeon sound, and whatever else sounds the add to the ambience.

At the end of the day it's a part of France and you can drive what you like.

I just found this on Google Warehouse, threw a few shaders on it and cranked out a render, aside from a few smoothing issues on the bonnet and the bumpers it's pretty much perfect.

..getting it into the game is another side project, but from what I can find it's whole lot easier than making engine sounds from scratch. ;)

This is what he was driving...a red version.

upload_2017-7-6_19-18-53.png

Ricardo Rey and luchian like this.
  11. Pixelchaser

nice model. I don't understand why its not in the 70 year pack,

12. r@m

r@m Active Member

Hmm, my thoughts entirely, as the track is themed around this model it would make sense to mod one.

Had to try it in red too, with the little red touches on the wheel / spoke thingamy jigs.

Messy render, I just threw a random hdri at it, the bad smoothing shows up but it has the effect, I'll just have to comp it onto game screen grabs in the meantime.

upload_2017-7-6_19-53-48.png

13. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Which render engine would that be ? :)
    The model looks quite good for a freebie

14. r@m

r@m Active Member

Vray, my "day job" is product mock ups and renders, I'm no master but I know enough to get the job done, render engines are generally too convoluted for my liking.

Yeah I doubt the model was made in sketchup, and there are two versions from 2 different people, it looks like a bad conversion, the meshes are badly triangulated.

luchian likes this.
  15. r@m

r@m Active Member

brum brum..... looks like something out of mad max. :D

upload_2017-7-7_0-11-34.png

....replacing meshes is pretty straight forward, as it's only for beauty shots I should be good with this once I figure out the shaders and tweak the wheel positions.

16. r@m

r@m Active Member

Diddling with VRay...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Pixelchaser, Ricardo Rey and luchian like this.
  17. DrDoomsLab

DrDoomsLab Member

Good film, but you want a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 as thats what the film was filmed from. :lol:.

I guess you could make the audio from the film but i don't think its going to be good enough quality when your done sqeezing and shaping it.

There is one or two tutorials about getting audio and making the wav. When i comes to FMOD that i can help with. I've made 7 sound mods so far. But most of the time i have samples already or someone has them and gives them to me. So if you can get or make some samples i can help with making it work in FMOD and AC.

Cheers,
    DrDoomsLab.

18. Pixelchaser

we all know it was a merc driving on that morning to rendezvous with the lady. . but really, its a Ferrari in the film and prior to the knowledge of how it was made. and its not an exercise in car physics.

r@m likes this.
  19. r@m

r@m Active Member

I haven't seen any decent tutorials anywhere explaining which samples are needed, the best I could do is extract the audio from the film.

20. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

While it may be a good learning experience :), the quality will be really really bad. If you start with bad samples, not even a wizard can 'invent' quality.
    Unless there is at least an HD YT video available ?

I was extremely surprised tho to see that there is a DVD, and that people are asking top dolla' for :D.
    https://www.amazon.com/Cetait-Rendezvous-Claude-Lelouch/dp/B000CFL6DS

Might just be the most 9min film sequence ever.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice