FAQ - Track Modding - FAQ

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by assettocorsamods, Jun 8, 2014.

1. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

Until proper documentation will be released, figured you guys could use some of the info provided by devs. Trying to build this here and keep it clean.

source

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

2. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

Q: is there a method to auto-generate grass ?
    A: No, not in the editor, it's painted in the 3d application.
    N.B. a script ?

Q: What is the map size limit ?
    A: About 16km x 16km for physical environment. Graphical can be bigger.

Q: Will there be a clipping plane setting ?
    A: No, no far plane limit.

Q: AC Editor opens in Black & White / Low Resolution. Why ?
    => see HERE.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  3. Julio

Julio New Member

change the pivot 3d studio max but the position of the car does not change please help

4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried moving the spawn point to where you want, then going into hierarchy, then affect pivot only and then Alignment, center to object ? Looks like it's not moving the pivot point of the spawn object when you move it.

5. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

What is the maximum number of shaders allowed ?
    What is the maximum polycount allowed in the scene, I heard at least 1,500 K ?

6. luchian

Ahaa, very good questions !

1/ The more different shaders you have on your track, the more the performance will be affected. I am not sure there is a maximum number (staying in the reasonable limits) but I think I remember Si3v saying we shouldn't need to go above 50 for a track (that's estimate budget in official tracks).

2/ Virtually, there's no limit (as in a fixed number); devs said the only limitation is your memory.
    However, do note:
    - from other user experience when going above 2.5 - 3 millions verts you might experience some editor issues (crashes). And even this, might not be a limitation anymore, since the use of layouts (they've used this to split the Nords in many smaller meshes and workaround the limitations) - I haven't test it yet, didn't do a track that big :D.
    - one single mesh/object can't have more that 65k verts. LE: coordinates, not verts. 65536 to be precise. Coordinates are vertices, normals, UVs and more. If needed, you'll have to split it.
    - for information, a track like Imola, has around 3 millions verts (from which about 1.5 are for vegetation).

So what I'm basically saying, unless you are doing a hugely detailed project, you probably don't need to worry about verts limit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    QuadCoreMax and liquido like this.
  7. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

Thanks again !

Also, from what I experience testing, the more 1WALL you have, the less FPS you'll get. I have created some special collidable trees / vegetation & the FPS has dropped to 50%, so it's not a good idea to create too many physical objects in your scene.

luchian likes this.
  8. luchian

And if the trees are not collidable (but still there as graphic), the performance goes back to normal ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

9. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

Yeah, if the trees (20K) + rocks (23K) are just graphic, the performance is perfect around 50- 60 FPS on my converted track Boujma (115 K TRIS). If not, it drops in between 25 - 35 FPS.

My PC runs on Eyefinity in 3840 x 1024 px @ 75Hz (x3 19" LCD Screens) almost everything on High with an old AMD Flex HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5 & an old AMD Black Edition 9950 OC @ 3.0 GHZ.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  10. luchian

For trees, there is some optimization to do, in order to help with performance. See this post.

QuadCoreMax likes this.
  11. barf

barf Member

Is this correct?

I have been testing and discovered approximately 20 - 25km is rendered. So I keep my scene under that, otherwise some Z-thrash is occurring beyond the draw distance.

12. Tri Ardhani

Tri Ardhani New Member

So if the limit map 16km x 16km, how to make map like a la canyon or shuto that map have more than 16km . i have project map too and my problem is my car will shake like earthquake, how to fix that problems. thank you

13. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Those tracks are longer than 16km but track iself is never 16km away from its center of origin. Keep the roads closer to its middle might be a solution?

14. Jazz1977

Jazz1977 New Member

Read the texts above, the answer is there:
    Don't exagerate with polycount with walls, NEVER CALL A COMPLEX GUARDRAIL AS WALL, draw a simple collision mesh and make it not renderable.

I suppose that goes for trees too!

15. Jazz1977

Jazz1977 New Member

There are ppl who have found some sort of workaround.. It still jitters a bit, but IoM is longer and further then 16km from the origin.
    Targa Florio definitely goes out of the 16x16 square... And you feel it when it does, but it's not unworkably bad.. So probably Simtraxx can answer that for you... ;)

If you do find an answer let me know ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice