Editing AI line with ACEditor

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Jadonyx, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Jadonyx

Jadonyx New Member

Anyone has any tips on this. I have near 3500 samples and I want at some part make allowed part of track a little wider. I changing side0 for every point but problem is it takes almost a minute to reload all line. And if my turn has lets say 10 points it makes me 10 minutes only to expand track width. Prob it is some another way to do this?
    Thanks

2. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

resampling the line to 100 or 150dm will help it edi faster and you have to edit fewer points. You can also turn on "Show Interpolation" to see what it will be like when smooth. You can save it as 100 or 150 if you want for testing. When done you can set back to 15dm.

The only downside to a resample is on sharp turns it can get a bit wonky when you go back to 15. Usually only sharp turns are affected.

Jadonyx likes this.
  3. Jadonyx

Jadonyx New Member

Thanks @LilSKi
    Probably my English not so good as I think.
    I asked about selecting multiple points because it is very slow to do it one by one. I already figured it out - you can select whole part that you want to expand by CTRL+Right click first and last point of needed section. Than you put your expanding digits in side0 or side1 and press commit. It expand whole part.

4. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

Resampling still makes it easier to edit overall. There will be much less points to edit and easier to make it smooth.

5. Jadonyx

Jadonyx New Member

Im already downsampled it from 13000 to 3500 :) Lower values makes sharp turns lost it shape.

6. Jadonyx

Jadonyx New Member

Does anyone knows what that that Grade, Camber and Radius parameters means?

7. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

Nothing. They are not used. All that is calculated in realtime now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice