Dirt Rally

Discussion in 'Other [Racing] Games' started by Pixelchaser, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

Wales in winter from the best looking driving game out there. Dirt Rally.

[​IMG]

liquido and luchian like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

It's no Richard Burns Rally yet (and probably never will) but it is decent enough already for an enjoyable rally experience. We all know this area is missing contenders.. :rolleyes:

Oh and graphics - so nice !

3. Pixelchaser

indeed. its no sim, I enjoy it because for the immersion factors everywhere its fantastic. the physics will keep this game from being a Legend like Richard Burns Rally. but for an up to date experience its not so bad in comparison where everything involved is concerned. glad I have it, I wont take it to seriously and for a rally experience once in a while it`ll be great. the real tracks they have made are a sight to believe. I have to say, the best track design ive seen so far. find myself quite interested in just how they do it, its so seamless you cant really tell. :lol:

why did I buy it now. Mainly because of good reports with the latest ffb, and more so because the developers are and have proven their ability to work with a community to build this over and above it being any marketing and PR jargon.

luchian likes this.
  4. Alexjonson

Alexjonson Active Member

Last time I drove RBR, it felt like there was no grip, then I drove shotgun in a real rally car a month later or so, and my thoughts where confirmed, RBR has too little grip. Dirt Rally actully simulates grip levels pretty accurate, but it has some massive developments to do before it will be on par with RBR.

liquido and luchian like this.
  5. Pixelchaser

this recent update is fantastic. I really like this rally game now. Rallycross was revealed, and if that's multiplayer in any way then wow ! cant wait for that.

reading one of their track blogs about track creation was quite interesting. they don't necessarily use a lot of GPS data. just 360 degree images every 10 metres to replicate what they can.

best track creation ive ever seen.

luchian likes this.
  6. Alexjonson

Alexjonson Active Member

I want rally Poland for Dirt Rally.....
    New update is really brilliant, hate the over extreme sound of the blow off valve tho.

luchian likes this.
  7. Pixelchaser

I watched the polish rally stages the other evening on television. it absolutely blew me away. the visual correlation between the game and its real life counterparts how the cars move etc is un surpassed. really reminds me of the game when I watch ! im sure we will get those polish tracks. and im sure they will be the best track in terms of track design.

recently announced for Dirt Rally was the inclusion of RallyCross !

https://www.gtplanet.net/fia-world-...llycross Partnership Announced for DiRT Rally

playing the other evening I decided that actually the physics don't matter. surviving a rally stage is so over whelming to the senses I could be using Mario kart physics and not even CARE or realise!

I had a very bad session last time, you can watch it here :lol:
    http://www.twitch.tv/pixelchaser/b/676372383

have joined r/dirtgame rally league to compare times with the best. my last completed session where I practices gave me 22nd in the world.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    luchian likes this.
  8. Alexjonson

Alexjonson Active Member

I want the posibility to mod Dirt, that would be awesome when guys like you go mad.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  9. Pixelchaser

been thinking the same thing, but mainly how to transfer that track building workflow and style over to Assetto Corsa. because already the style I like to work with is similar and the same but certainly perfected in dirt rally. best track design ive seen so far.

10. Pixelchaser

4.6 gig update is live now ! WOOHOO !

assettocorsamods likes this.
  11. Pixelchaser

luchian likes this.
  12. Pixelchaser

I am about to try the online rallycross. released recently. wish me luck ! :lol:.

luchian likes this.
  13. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

I did wished you. Did you get it ? :D

Pixelchaser likes this.
  14. Pixelchaser

you didn't wished me enough man ! I forgot about it and went racing Porsche at nordschleife :lol:

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice