Featured NEWS D-Day minus 7

Discussion in 'News Timeline' started by assettocorsamods, Mar 4, 2015.

1. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

Embrace for Dream Pack #1 !

Finally, the teasing is over (well, sort-of). The first Dream Pack in Assetto Corsa's timeline, is available for pre-order on steam, with a special (and incredible) price : 9.99 E (full price will be 14.99 E, after launch).
    Launch date is also announced, March 11th, a date I'm sure a lot of simracers marked in the calendar already. I can see those sick leave flowing like crazy beginning of next week :D. Come to think abo.. oh, sorry, of course I wouldn't..

What's included ? 10 fascinating cars, and the iconic circuit of Nürburgring-Nordschleife in all its laser-scanned glory ! A first in PC racing simulators !

This is the full press release of DP#1:

The Nürburgring-Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa

The level of complexity of the Nordschleife circuit production has been such, that required 2 years of hard work, making the Nordschleife one of the major and most important steps in the whole Assetto Corsa project. Furthermore, Kunos Simulazioni development team has reproduced the track paying particular attention to all those details and reference points used by real drivers in order to deal with the “Green Hell”. Considering the huge amount of details you can find on this track through its total length of 20,8 Km, the development team worked closely in cooperation with “RSR Nurburg”, the famous track car rental and driver instruction company based at the Nürburgring. Together we made sure that all the main reference points are in place. Thanks to the fidelity of the reproduction of the Nordschleife, RSR Nurburg already uses the Dream Pack every day in their offices, allowing their customers to get ready for the “Green Hell”.

Maximum realism

For the first time ever in a PC racing simulation, the legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit has been reproduced using Laserscan Technology. Ever single detail of the track has been reproduced with the maximum level of precision. A two centimeter resolution guarantees that each single bump, curb and slope is a perfect match to the real counterpart. The result of such accuracy, combined with the advanced physics model of Assetto Corsa, is an unprecedented driving experience that blurs even more the difference between virtual and reality.

If you haven't seen how a laser scanned point cloud looks, here is a sample:

ls02.jpg
    Bear in mind that this is only a "3d blueprint" that you can use as reference in order to achieve that accuracy we all dream of, but other than this, it's still the artist that need to model everything, making this indeed a huge task. So while 2 years for a track of 20+ km might seem or not exceptionally long, one thing's certain - it's an impressive achievement !

The "Green Hell"

AC-DP1_39.jpg
    Since its construction (1925 – 1927), the Nordschleife has enjoyed a reputation as a terrifying and merciless route through the Eifel forests. An English journalist who visited the Nordschleife during the opening race on 18 June 1927 even concluded “that it seemed as if a reeling, drunken giant had been sent out to determine the route”. The Formula 1 pilot Sir John Young Jackie Stewart – after all a three time world champion in 1969, 1971 and 1973 – was so impressed by the circuit that he gave it the name which it will probably never lose: Green Hell (Grüne Hölle).
    Racing and winning on the Nordschleife has always been very special for racing drivers, because the track is one of the most demanding in the world. Tricky corners, treacherous crests, steep inclines and gradients and constantly changing road surfaces demand great skill from the driver and put vehicles to a hard test.
    The best-known event today is the ADAC Zurich 24-hour race, which is held on both the Nordschleife and the Grand Prix circuit and which for four days transforms the entire circuit into a huge spectacle. Up to 800 amateurs and professionals in up to 200 cars take part in this race.

Three different layouts available

“Nordschleife” layout is the one often used by the car manufacturers for their private tests or when they try to do a new lap record. This is the best layout to try a “time attack”. Assetto Corsa also permits races in “Nordschleife” layout, with a starting grid optimally positioned after turn “T13″.

ring1.jpg

“Endurance” is the official 24Hours configuration that is held every year. Includes the Nordschleife (north loop) as well as part of the NürburgringGP circuit. Assetto Corsa permits races in this layout with a starting grid right at the NürburgringGP main straight, as well as the Grand Prix pit boxes.

nords_endurance.jpg

“Touristenfahrten” is the most known and beloved configuration by all trackday and motorsports fans. Driving through the “Park” to enter the circuit towards the end of the famous long uphill straight of “döttinger höhe” and then, after a whole lap, exiting again following the indications for the parking lot. To let you experience the best virtual track day, we created this dedicated layout that is available in practice and multiplayer sessions and takes laptimes from the first lap under the bridge, until the structure at the start of the long straight of “döttinger höhe”. Just as in real life!

tourist1.jpg

The source of the information is the AC official page.

2. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

We are speaking of a Dream Pack, so Green Hell it's only part of the story.

Enter THE Cars

AC-DP1_26.jpg

The car selection of the Dream Pack 1 has been suggested by the gamers who voted their favorite manufacturers and models in our website. It consists of a perfect mix of vehicles of different classes, types and ages, ready to satisfy the racing instincts of Assetto Corsa fans!

Starting with the Nissan GT-R Nismo 2014 GT3 which introduces for the first time the Japanese car manufacturer in Assetto Corsa. Followed by the Corvette C7R GTE that is expected to be at least as successful as its predecessor. Those two cars are enlarging the already big family of GT racing cars of Assetto Corsa.

The epic almost mythological McLaren F1 GTR that won everything there was to win and the ultra-technological definition of the modern hypercar McLaren P1, represent the top of the McLaren production past and present.

The Mercedes-Benz C9 LM is the iconic racing car that won in the LeMans 24 Hours and couldn’t miss from the virtual garage of any motorsports fan. The minimalist and elegant design is in direct contrast with its power brutality that can release at any time, rpm, or gear.
    Completely different the Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 EVO II. The friendly handling touring car that was the major opponent of the BMW M3 E30 Gr.A that is already included in Assetto Corsa. Put them together in a race and be ready to witness the most epic battles ever seen in a racing simulator.

BMW continues the touring car tradition with the brand new BMW M235i Racing. The affordable racing car is already the car of choice for the 24 hours of Nordschleife, because of the excellent handling, balance and grip. An incredibly well balanced package.

Obviously, a Dream Pack wouldn’t be such, without “Italians”. The Alfa Romeo has been one of the most requested car manufacturers from our users. Starting with the brand new and lightweight giant killer Alfa Romeo 4C that already has astound everybody with an amazingly fast Nordschleife laptime for a street car. Follows the legendary 155 Ti V6 of 1993, german touring car champion and first ever car with 4 wheel drive in Assetto Corsa. Finally the beautiful “alleggerita” (lightweight) Alfa Romeo GTA of 1966. Another touring car champion. It might seem small and underpowered by todays standards, but drive it and despite the skinny tyres, you will discover a new meaning for the words “agile”, “balance” and “fun” through the never ending bends of the most beautiful and demanding circuit of the world, the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

Dream Pack car list:

Alfa Romeo 4C
    alfa_romeo_4c.jpeg
    Alfa Romeo GTA
    alfa_romeo_gta.jpeg
    Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6
    alfa_romeo155.jpeg
    BMW M235i Racing
    bmw_m235.jpeg
    Corvette C7R GTE
    corvette_C7r.jpeg
    McLaren F1 GTR
    mc_laren_f1_gtr.jpeg
    McLaren P1
    mclaren_p1.jpeg
    Mercedes-Benz C9 LM
    mercedes_c9.jpeg
    Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 EVO II
    mercedes190_c.jpeg
    Nissa GT-R NISMO GT3
    nissan_gtr_nismo_gt3.jpeg
    Of course, with this line of different cars, new features needed to be implemented in the simulation model, in order to match their real counterparts. And all for the best; aside of the endless fun we'll have throwing them around on the virtual tracks, the new features open a whole new world to modders. 4wd for example.. rally anyone ? :)

Enters New dynamic model

Our users didn’t make our life easy when they voted for their favourites cars. Many of the new cars required the development of new features, physics models and great research. Our development team took the challenge and worked hard to deliver. From the rear live axle of the Alfa Romeo GTA or the 4 wheel drive system with 3 differentials of the Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6, to the unbelievably high downforce and top speed of the Mercedes C9 and the extreme complexity of the McLaren P1 that incorporates both active aero and hybrid systems, we took no shortcuts and brought you all the necessary features needed to reproduce as realistically as possible the DreamPack1 cars, but at the same time also give modders the possibility to include all those features to their future creations. All the new features necessary for the DreamPack 1 will be also included in Assetto Corsa v1.1 available on Steam.

I'll close with a small reminder: I recall Marco posting some time back the fact that he had secured over 40 licenses yet to be announced to the public, and this pack only unveils 10 of them.. A lot of things to look forward in Assetto Corsa but.. before dreaming bigger let's go into hibernation until March 11th.

Kudos Kunos !

Pixelchaser likes this.
  3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

I am totally excited for all the cars. the promo video is superb. I wonder what track is in store for some future DLC.

luchian likes this.
  4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Same here, 11th can't come soon enough !
    About future tracks Zandvoort and Catalunya are 2 that come to mind, but there are a few more.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

5. Pixelchaser

getting quite tired of formula 1 based race tracks. after testing my own track, the smaller more quirky tracks allow a better experience without needing super amount of horse power to get around.

6. Pixelchaser

-6 :)

luchian likes this.
  7. luchian

:lol: true dat !

8. Pixelchaser

[​IMG]

luchian likes this.
  9. luchian

Pixelchaser likes this.
  10. Pixelchaser

well its nearly no days to go. good luck and NO DELAYS ! no accidental releases of AC beta version 1 etc etc. hahaha,

Heaven forbid Hell doesn't get here !

luchian likes this.
  11. Pixelchaser

Time relativity is being proven as I speak today :)

time dilation is a difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers

No dream pack & Dream pack is the event. for someone who does not own Assetto Corsa the Universe is just fine and dandy. For those that own Assetto Corsa the dilation is quite extreme.

luchian likes this.
  12. Pixelchaser

:lol:.... The sheer mass of inbound megabytes is stretching time. Noooooooooooooooo !

luchian likes this.
  13. Pixelchaser

its HERE ! and now time dilation will work in reverse. not enough time to go racing :) :lol:

luchian likes this.
  14. luchian

looool ! You're crazy dude !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Pixelchaser likes this.
  15. Pixelchaser

what an amazing update ! I got the p1 flying in the air sideways. and the touchdown, the suspension etc , never seen anything so sublime in gaming physics.

:lol: the tourist route confused me quite a lot. I was stuck navigating the highest resolution car park ever made for about 10 minutes MWAHAHAHAH !

luchian likes this.
  16. Pixelchaser

well that was a great night spent. Ive always hated the nature of trying to do anything on the nord`. but they have really sorted that out. no outlaps makes a major difference. Its really really nice starting in a car park and watching everyone drive about, park, have a rest, then tour the ring. so much damn fun tbh. and this new A to B timing system is perfectly non disruptive. Rally tracks in the future should be fantastic. maybe even online drag racing could be a thing with this separate start and finish lines :)

and I do believe the Alfa 155 v6 steals the show. such a great touring car feeling.

17. Pixelchaser

so anyone else enjoying or is it really dead around here ?

18. luchian

No, not enjoying - only reading with great envy your posts :D. Didn't have the time yesterday evening - and performance was REALLY bad. So currently doing a clean install for AC - but probably my first impressions will come over the weekend, when we'll set a server up and have some racing goin' on :). So keep close - and post your discovers - I'm living the dream pack thanks to your posts :lol:

PS: like you new sig :)

19. Pixelchaser

well your gona love it. this set of cars is like a whole new something that I cant explain. these cars have had what seems to be more attention in some respects. and the range of new driving experiences driven by the actual character full cars and their differences is what makes this sim stand apart now an incredibly subtle way. usually its the sim that has "it" at its heart but I believe each car has its own in AC independently to the others and their physics.

luchian likes this.
  20. luchian

Red your post and heard in my head: "Mmmm.. heemm" (don't know how to spell it, but make it yourself that exclamation of contentment a big mamma makes) :ROFLMAO:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice