Changing Car Manufacturer

Discussion in 'General' started by NellyG123, Nov 22, 2015.

1. NellyG123

NellyG123 New Member

Hi all,
    I've been installing a lot of mods recently and one thing that I have noticed is that quite often in the game the car will be listed under a different manufacturer to the actual one. For example, one of my mods, an Audi Le Mans racer, is listed under a second Audi logo and I was wondering if it was possible to change this.
    Many thanks.

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, welcome.
    Yes, it's possible to change it; I'm not on my main PC currently, and I can't remember exactly where to look for it. (just some files that need to be modified). Look inside your car folder, maybe it'll speak to you. Otherwise, I should be able to help you in the following days :).

3. aaronedmistone

aaronedmistone New Member

In the car folder you will find a folder called "ui", in here you will find a file called "ui.json". Open this in notepad or your preferred text editor and change these two lines to the desired name/brand:

"name": "Audi Le Mans",
    "brand": "Audi",

As long as the brand matches another car exactly, they will be grouped together.

Hope this helps.

luchian likes this.
  4. NellyG123

NellyG123 New Member

Thanks that worked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice