Featured TUTORIAL Build your FIRST track - BASIC GUIDE

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by luchian, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

right click object whilst on material tab. assign material, like in this section. where it says name under blend mode = Tarmac LightAC, that is the name I gave to the material in the 3d program. if there is nothing there and this window doesn't work then you have not assigned material or assigned it but not UV mapped it.
    [​IMG]

2. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

Even without getting all the materials fixed (I'll get back to it in a moment) I can see the scalling is screwed.
    In blender metric units were used, and I kept scale "1" while exporting to fbx, but objects are still 1000 times bigger than they should be. Is there any way to mess the scaling I might have missed during the process?

3. Pixelchaser

lots of ways to screw that up :( , I'm sure luchian can assist here.

4. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

I decided to see If the simplest level (consisting only from textured plane) can open properly. Turns out, it can't. I still cant see the object, but also when the oditor is opening the file notification pops up "error found scaling on node root node". Is that the reason why my scaling is messed? I have done some reading and it looks like converting to fbx can change it without my ingerention (at least that's what I understood from what people said). If it is so, how can I fix it?

5. Pixelchaser

damn, I had this issue a while back in 3dmax. but that is you problem , scaling.

"I THINK" its to do with your origin point and to do with the boundary box of the object which is different in 3dmax to blender. cant help more than that right now. what this means effectively is there is an issue in how you are making the objects.

6. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

Ok, I'll try to move points of origin to geometry center, or single point in space. I don't know if that can fix anything but... I have no better idea. Also, having problem with scaling, I'm still struggling with materials. All objects are invisible , but I managed to assign a texture to one of them I was able to see it, but it was oversized, and texture was black and white. In the material menu pretty much everything was pink (I was told that pink = error). So I'm facing two problems and both are hard to solve without fixing the other one (I cant size and arrange objects if I cant see them, etc)

7. Pixelchaser

send me your export fbx and ill look in 3dmax see whats going on. just the fbx

8. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

Hey
    After a short break I managed to fix the size. I exported it from blender in 0.01 scale and now it's at least close to how big the map should be (the road is about 25 meters wide now, it used to be like 1000 times bigger).
    I am also able to see the textures in editor (I adjusted the specularity and other parameters), but they have no color, only shades of grey. I am not able to send fbx, I think this site does not allow this kind of file format.

9. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

I wanted to play my map in AC (the textures still have no color, but at least I can see them) just to see if it works. I saved the kn5 and created the folder structure (ai folder is empty, while data and ui are borrowed from other maps). In game menu I can see the map thumbnail, but after choosing it I get notification "map not found". What may be the reason?

Attached Files:

10. Pixelchaser

make file name same as folder name, you have a "1" in file name. and check titles in the cfg and text files, theres a json file too.

11. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

I fixed the file names, now I don't get the notification anymore. In map selection I can find my map by the preview image, but it does not display it's name - it shows the name of the map from which files were borrowed instead. Does it mean the game thinks it's other map and looks in wrong location or smth? When I choose my map it begins to load, screen goes black for a moment and I'm being returned to menu. By titles do you mean file names? Or their content (to replace original track name with my track name)? Folders "ai" and "skins" are empty, heres what's inside "ui" and "data"

Attached Files:

12. Pixelchaser

send it over ill have a look at it.

13. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

Which file should I send? I tryed to attach whole folder, but these are the only files I can share on the website.

Attached Files:

14. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

I cant open, neither send json file. Is it possible the flaw is there? If it is, should I replace it with json file from other map? Or will it screw things even more?

15. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

Currently I'm using files from modded track downloaded from internet. Would It be better, if I used files from official tracks (I have used mod, beacuse there's smaller amount of files in folders).

16. Pixelchaser

by titles I mean file names. the main kn5 file you title as the main folder title. and that goes in the json file. all you have to do is look for the anomalies in the text files.

the problem you have with the naming in the game is a problem. it shouldn't say the old track name. it should say your new track name. the json file give the ingame title

earlier I was asking for you to send the whole folder for the track to me. and I will make it work. but you need to find somewhere to upload it too.

17. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

Ok, I'll post google drive link in few minutes.

18. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

19. Pixelchaser

ok well straight off, track doesn't work. ill try find out why just now.

20. Kuba.exe

Kuba.exe Member

Ok, thank You very much!
    I don't know if this information is valuable, but when i opened json file through google drive i saw that it contains the name of the other track, not mine. Should I try to replace the names and download back to my PC? More likely you'll find problem somewere else, that's just the only possible cause I have found

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice