RELEASED-wip Boujma Track

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by QuadCoreMax, Sep 17, 2015.

1. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

Hey all,

Here I come with my 1st track called Boujma, which I've ported from Racer. As a 3D Pro Modeler & having released the work on RD, you will now enjoy "Top Quality" race tracks for AC.

What this track includes :

- mega shaders used
    - 10 pits
    - 10 AI
    - 4 timelines
    - 10 cameras
    - AI line => minimap
    - preview map
    - 7 audio sources
    - sand / grass / gravel / road surfaces
    - lots of highly optimized collidable objects + cones wrapped inside a fully transparent cube :)
    - waving flags
    - huge amount of rocks / trees with no physics proxy mesh

I have no issues yet & still customizing the whole, above all with custom 'unlocked' shaders.
    It runs smoothly on my AMD HD Flex 6870 1GB GDDR5 on my surround system [3840 x 1024 px @ 75Hz] at 50 - 62 FPS.

----------------
    Much Love​

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Pixelchaser likes this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hey, nice to finally see some of the work you've done lately :).
    I've never tried racer, actually didn't know it has such a big scene. In any case, glad you've decided to give AC a try and see how it's done.

So this is a fictional track ?

Looks good in general (can we see bigger shots ? :D), except maybe for the grass in the last shot, where we can spot some low res into the diffuse texture. From what I can tell you seem to have used a multilayer shader for it as well ? or didn't ?

PS: when can we try it ? :)

3. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

Thanks for your feedback. :)
    Yes, this track is fictional.

You're right, the grass isn't that good ATM, I'll give another try.
    I've used the ksGrass with a txVariation texture scaled at 0.001 on UV axis to give those spots / variations when you look at it.

I'll probably rescale my grass UVs & re-export the grass, since we can't scale UV on the 1st (txDiffuse) map.
    Or use the ksMultilayer shader & play around with more texture maps.

Very soon, it will be released. Just want to make sure everything sits nicely.

4. luchian

Actually the ksGrass shader is for the 3d grass (to give some variation in color). For ground you'll be better with a multilayer as you'll be able to use and combine detail textures (grass, dirt, rock, ...) beautifully. Give it a go, you'll be amazed :).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

Enjoy it ! :)
    1st post updated

luchian likes this.
  6. luchian

Finally had some moments to have a look at your work, inside the game.
    I actually like the layout, and I think it can be a good playground for some casual fun.
    Modelling and presence are ok too.

What I think it lacks (..and it actually hurts it) are the textures. I think the track is textured in the old fashion mentality, with somewhat low-res textures, without taking advantage of the multi-layer shader power.
    Use the AC shader capabilities - and you'll see that with a normal res diffuse and mask, and some good tiling detail textures you can obtain impressive results.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to go further into detail; maybe some guys around could help you with some hints, or examples. @Pixelchaser .

LE: oh, and I've seen an AI sinking, in this area :D (some hole in the physics mesh).
    Left side grass/kerb

2015-09-24_195337.jpg

7. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

Truth is I haven't discovered yet how to exactly create on the RGB channels the masks for a good road / grass, sand mix. More testing will be done shortly. I will also blend some more textures with the road.

As for the AI sinking, I have tried to reproduce it, couldn't see my car falling. So strange, because before exporting to FBX, I always do a 'vertex merge' which fix all 'potential' holes...How did it happen ? Did it happen after colliding a cone & jumping around ?

If anyone can reproduce this error & report back please.

I suspect maybe some issues in Kunos AC Engine when collisions happens, I know from Racer / NFS Shift experience, strange behaviours can happen sometimes, in very rare situations.

8. luchian

Hmm, interesting point regarding collisions. I only had time to see the AI in the rearview mirror, might've happen after hitting a cone. I didn't save the replay.

About textures, yes that is the best way I think so everybody find his own style eventually - so test, test, test :).
    Looking forward to see the results after some work. Keep it up !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

QuadCoreMax likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice