Best Practice - Organizing Assets-Textures-Models-Documentation

Discussion in 'Techniques | Inspirational' started by Ricardo Rey, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Ricardo Rey

Ricardo Rey Active Member

Greeting!
    I debated whether to start this thread because frankly, was not sure if anyone would be interested in responding and, this subject is probably one of personal preference. I have looked around for ideas and they varied, but nothing specific to sim modeling.

My question is, how to handle organizing across the use of several applications. A "paint' program for editing (i.e. Photoshop), a 3d modeling program (i.e. Blender, MAX, Maya etc.) What would be a good folder structure to organize a workflow that would have a common repository? I realize it may also depend on what applications you use.

I am curious what you use and your thoughts. I am beginning to get a collection and want it to be organized. I also don't want to re-invent the wheel. Maybe what I start with may evolve, but I would like to get off to a good start.
    Cheers!

luchian likes this.
  2. r@m

r@m Active Member

No matter how much I try to get organised it never lasts, externally the most I do is create folders named after each of the applications, internally the most I do is name layers.

I have thousands of files called "qwe" and "asd", and millions of files called 1, 2, 3 etc...I hate typing ;)

Install this and instantly find anything at anytime:

https://www.voidtools.com/support/everything/

... no need to be organised...creativity is chaotic by design :ninja:

Ricardo Rey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice