W.I.P. Ascari Race Resort - Ronda, Spain.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by liquido, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

well. im hopefull. but my style isn't perfect and it theres still a lot to scrutinise, I am also using texture sizes nearly half of what id like too. so some aspects of the structure can be double even x4 the resolution at no significant loss. we tested our field of 16 cars last night and well no performance issues at all.

this newer version works well regards colouring in my extreme spain weather setting too. :lol::lol::lol:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    liquido, DaNy and luchian like this.
  2. Pixelchaser

all blend edges done and a video for the sake of it :lol:

liquido, luchian and DaNy like this.
  3. Pixelchaser

ive been thinking about the 3d grass we are surely going to implement and regards the base scenery and its updates, I have an idea not commonly done. That is to then base any updates to the base scenery style by having the colours of grasses dictate the graphical outcome of the base scenery. Having studied many track, mostly kunos tracks we hardly see the base scenery theoretically and mainly from external cameras if at all. so its the grass that is more important. And for those external camera scenery views if we have a smooth seamless ground layer that . I propose that we replace all out current diffuse textures for this and use all the mask files for the multilayer textures as the diffuse and design from the mask :) get what I mean ? the mask tells where to place the different grass type..... then later we pop the proper textures back !!!

regions of 3d grass types and colours placement will dictate the texture placed under them, which is commanded by the mask files. maybe that makes better sense ! :lol:. I think its a very different but logical approach. because the grass is more important and using the mask to say here we wave this grass growing from this base ground texture will yield a great result. its like placing the trees on the google image individually as we have done but with vast regions of varients of grass flowing in and out of each other :)

luchian and Jebus like this.
  4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

So.. you're saying,
    - place a white paper on the ground,
    - plant all the 3D grass (with type and color variation)
    - then make an aerial photo
    - and use it to color the white paper ?

Otherwise, I didn't get it :D

5. Pixelchaser

kind of Luchian yes. the white paper is red green blue and black though, and we change the mask according to the grass we place on the track. I cant paint our base layer any more really without knowing where and what to paint, and its the grass that should do the job for us, that way the base textures for the whole area can evolve naturally.

we just let the grass placements dictate the ground type, usually we paint ground and form the grass on it, which never looks right. the important part is blending the grass into the ground for the seamless look.

being the track Ascari is "wild" and not tamed by humans like a real commercial race track it requires a different approach because we never placed uniform grass types anywhere. we need to perform miracles to pull it off like the real track looks. they only have a landscaping for the immediate track side, that strip of run off grass., the rest is like a wildlife park. grass is free to grow where it wants etc. if you step away from the track killer spanish snakes and terantula spiders bite you and you never get found again. ! :lol: have you never heard the myth about the beast of Ascari that stalks drivers that crash out at the far side of the track, its legendary in the vilages close by the track. :lol:. never get out the Car. Never !

I want that look :) Spanish country side. all natural with snakes and spiders. and mythological beasts... :lol:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    liquido, luchian, DaNy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Pixelchaser

hello @DaNy !. any feedback on the overall Ascari look & feel from the video ? critique required !
    do you know Martin Polley from Ascari ?

hola @DaNy !. cualquier comentario sobre la Ascari general look & feel del video? crítica necesaria!
    y sabes Martin Polley de Ascari?

7. DaNy

DaNy New Member

Hi @Pixelchaser Algunos carteles de 100 y 50 están hundidos en el suelo y no se ven bien.
    Por lo demás parece que las cotas de altura dan buena sensación y bien logradas, el paisaje muy bien logrado.

Esperando la versión para poder probarlo y dar mis sensaciones.

Hi @Pixelchaser Some 100 posters and 50 are sunk into the ground and do not look good.
    Otherwise it appears that altitude sections give good feeling and well achieved, the landscape very well done.

Version waiting to try and give my feelings.

8. liquido

liquido Active Member

I will pay attention to those 50m, 100m sings/posters. Thanks Dany. ;)

luchian likes this.
  9. liquido

liquido Active Member

I love this transition and both materials. Excelent work.

10. liquido

liquido Active Member

We are working now on the physic mesh, trying to make something exciting to drive... we hate smooth like carpet surfaces, but it is the first time we try to achieve something like laser scanned, so I don't know how many time we need to this task.

Pixelchaser is not only working on materials, acctually he is working on the physic mesh with 3Dmax.

Jebus and luchian like this.
  11. Jebus

Jebus Member

Take your time guys, no point to rush things.

liquido likes this.
  12. Pixelchaser

I think I had a good time on this physics layer this evening. and overall we have a nice standard track with an overall look and feel that will get further enhancement. time for some extended testing with some people I think. we have reached a really nice coordinated basic stage, very solid in my opinion apart from a few mapping issues on the visual track.. very happy that every enhancement has worked immediatly. I feel its just good design and very methodical implemented which was the plan. we work well together man and the strange ideas I come up with ! thanks liquido.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    assettocorsamods and liquido like this.
  13. liquido

liquido Active Member

it's means green ligth for beta testers :)

Hope Jebus and Dany want's to try the new layer and help us to get better results.

assettocorsamods likes this.
  14. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ready as a boy scout! I have plenty time later tonight. So bring it on. Can't wait!

assettocorsamods likes this.
  15. Pixelchaser

I like our road surface. but I cant help thinking with a car such as the zonda it is too smooth, and with a car like the cobra its too rough LOL !, how can this be. maybe its just right ?

I do like our visual road texture at present. but its time for some explicit photographs to be taken I think. hopefully Dany can help here ?

[​IMG]

luchian, Jebus and DaNy like this.
  16. Jebus

Jebus Member

I did quick test this morning with the F458 gt2 and it felt ok. It is still quite smooth but definitely better than before. But right after I drove Vallelunga with the same car to see how this compares to the laserscanned surface. I found that the overall liveliness in the wheel is quite close actually.

I'll do more driving with different cars later tonight.

liquido, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  17. Pixelchaser

nice feedback there. I think we need more subtle bumps that don't destroy any traction. but enough to move the car. Jebus are there any cars that you find rough. that latest lotus cup car id like you to try and then compare it to any or al other kunos tracks. this car I think is shit. but it convey the road very well.

how can we process any opinions or feedback from actual drivers ? this is quite important.

we need to know what makes a smooth road bumpy as we reach higher speeds. this is what we need to try capture in terms of feedback where it happens etc etc. then we need to find out what peculiar polygon shapes can form these feelings.

18. Jebus

Jebus Member

I'll try as many different cars I can, street and race, and report back. I don't know what's the latest lotus tho but I'll try to find out.

19. Pixelchaser

v6 cup lotus last time I tried was really rough, but now its just nice which is very good sign. i have done lots of comparison testing today myself . overall I really like what we have. we just need to play a bit more to get it more rough in areas if anything at all.

20. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ok, so cars I used tonight was Exige v6 Cup, Evora GTC, Alfa Romeo GTA and BMW m235ir.

With Evora GTC track feels amazing. Really hard to say where it could be improved. With other cars overall feel was much smoother, but I guess that's expected as those cars have softer supension.

Then I tried Evora GTC and BMW m235ir at Vallelunga and Mugello. Vallelunga is quite smooth track and Mugello conciderably bumpier. I would say Ascari is somewhere between those two at the moment and surface feels very believable (if that makes sense).
    However, I don't know if real Ascari has been repaved in its lifetime but, track being 10 years old I guess it could be a bit bumpier at places.

I'm quite interested to see what Dany thinks.

liquido, DaNy and luchian like this.
: ascari, tracks
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice