W.I.P. Ascari Race Resort - Ronda, Spain.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by liquido, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

This shot complete with 3d grass done kunos style would be amazing. cant wait to see it !

[​IMG]

luchian and liquido like this.
  2. Pixelchaser

obligatory overcast video. hmmm. I hate you tube and twitch :lol:. ruins everything. ill look up on this and try get less auto compression...

liquido and luchian like this.
  3. liquido

liquido Active Member

Great captures... cloudy weather is a beauty, shaders seems to work perfect.

luchian likes this.
  4. liquido

liquido Active Member

I almost have done the terrain split, also make all vegetation visible for both sides.... definitive materials are defined and the "to do list" only needs some tweaks.

Maybe we can relase a public Beta soon to separate our work from illegal conversions.

[​IMG]

5. Pixelchaser

cool! I think we do need to replace all the trees with Y shaped. I can do a few variations of trees too eventually. and what about some well placed tree lines instead of separates ?

is 700,000 verts the current full scene ? that's not a lot at all. :) plenty room for loads of 3d grass :), I think we should make the barriers 3d too btw. any thoughts ? I would like a 2.5 million poly track personally :lol:.

6. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Looking great guys. Lots of work done. And still to do :).
    Great to hear that you've applied materials on both sides for vegetation.
    For trees yeah definitely need to be Y shaped, they simply look better in AC. Also some naming must be respected (but can be done after) in order to improve performance.
    Anyways, keep it up !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. liquido

liquido Active Member

Yes 700.000 faces aprox. as you said there is a lot of room for 3d grass and other stuff... but changes in the road will raise the number to 1,5 M.

the "Y" trees uses less polygons than we use acctually, those came after the first public Beta.... I need to export the terrain as 3ds to make a BTB Xpack and update the terrain altitude of my old BTB proyect, BTB is the best tool I have to add trees and vegetation. I also can update barries and other stuff in BTB and import to Blender... I will change all 2d barriers.

bad night for me, Blender has been closed without notice, I selected all the vegetation to reunify the materials into a single texture and has been closed.

I had changed many names of materials and I have lost... more than 1 hour to the trash.

8. Pixelchaser

the current trees are all flying high above the ground, this will be fixed when applying new trees via btb ?

9. liquido

liquido Active Member

Yes yes... there are a lot of them flying over the ground and it is so easy to fix it in BTB.... the new textures needs that the trunk of the trees starting from the bottom of texture.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  10. Pixelchaser

forgot about that texture.

F` are you going to Ascari track anytime soon ? is this a possibility ? I can see you are somewhat local to the area. but what about a 1 last visit to capture a few essential things?

11. liquido

liquido Active Member

About go to Ascari for last time.... I can do it... better if Ascari stuff still remember me and let me take the last things from ascari.

I need to send an email to Melchor Duran and give him reasons to let me in at Ascari one more time... you imagine what I want.

I need your pics to show what we got, give me the some greats captures... I going to tell him that if he let me in at ascari, we will overcome the version of GT6.

it can become a long story ... he never did me much attention and I had to insist a lot to enter the track, one of the reasons that stop working at Ascari Race Resort is that they told me that they liked idea of putting ascari simulators, but in the process without telling me (which I understand) contacted sony and you know that gt6 was presented in Ronda ... so must have good relationship and I'm a sucker compared to sony.

Let's try to see what happens.

luchian likes this.
  12. Pixelchaser

well I think to use what I displ;ay already and from the private conversation thread. you choose. I think it lookgs good enough., and show videos too.

we need materials for multilayer, that means the fine grain. the 1m x 1m scale textures of the TRACK> some GRASS> walls grain of concrete. as much of this.

you sent an amazing grass texture I used for the whole track. cesped06 was where it ended. these photos pointing down capturing 1m area of subject is what we need. for the sky, if we get sunset colours too.. more trees with blue sky background. can not use anything else for that. there was only a couple of pictures I could use of trees.

luchian likes this.
  13. liquido

liquido Active Member

I know where I post :) I really think we can overcome the GT6 version, at least visually... you have the talent and I can provide material to work. Also luchian knows how to do it properly.... peace of cake.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  14. luchian

Hello busy bees :)
    Lots of reading to do (especially on the other side), but at first glance, a few thoughts.

About terrain density @liquido: in order to avoid angled faces, just set the shading to smooth and it will be kept in AC as well (in case this is what your concern is). Here is a picture - look at the red water pipe - the LEFT one has actually less polys than the RIGHT one.

shading.jpg

About road meshes:
    The proper way to do it is to have
    1 mesh for the graphical road - UV mapped, textured
    This can be as low poly as possible (so easy to work with), but high enough not to show harsh angles, especially in curved areas.

1 mesh for the physics surface
    Now THIS one has to be high poly - but only if used at full value. Example if you have the straight start/finish line as a flat area, for a couple of hundreds meters and you don't add ANY details (camber, bumps, .. ) then there is no point in doing it high poly - it will feel exactly the same way.
    If, on the other way, you would use some artificial method to add some imperfections, that is where it all starts to make sense.

Why 2 separate layers ?
    Kunos never made any official statement about it (as far as I know), but 2 aspects come to mind: 1/ if you start playing with the mesh and deform it, it can quickly become difficult to do proper texturing - it will get stretched in all directions
    and 2/ physics mesh is hidden. So even if it has lots of verts, they aren't really rendered so I reckon (not 100% sure) the method combined can greatly improve performance. @liquido - so no LODs required on road imo.

And then comes the fun part:
    If you like to add details, you can always add meshes on top - for scratches, skid marks, paint marks, dust, particles, etc. What is the limit ? Balance between the artist's view and performance I'd say. :).

liquido and Pixelchaser like this.
  15. Pixelchaser

ok ive been working on a Spanish weather setting, very basic at present, you can see how our fog and sun changes the redbalance over the course of the day.

this will be made available with the track at some point.

[​IMG]

liquido and luchian like this.
  16. luchian

I look at this, and instantly I want a glass of water :lol:. Hot !

Pixelchaser likes this.
  17. Pixelchaser

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

luchian and liquido like this.
  18. Pixelchaser

Is there anyone out there that can help me apply the editor illumination settings to the colourcurvesini file used in the weather settings ?

in the editor, we have decimal place presentation of colour for example.
    HorizonHIGH: 0.67 0.77 0.87

in the colourcurves.ini file in the editor folder, this same line is presented as this format.
    HorizonHIGH: 190,220,248,0.9

because that is what im trying to achieve. I don't know the formula to translate them. especially the 1.0+ figures, and the 4th set figure. (0.9) whats going on ?????????

so does anyone know this?

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  19. luchian

Hmm.. it's probably a question of different color "scales".
    I'd say the 190,220, 248, 0.9 is RGBA scale - where the 0.9 is the (A)lpha multiplier. Which gives this :

2015-05-12_204434.png

The sub-unit figures might be CMYK... but not sure. Will have to investigate more.
    I'll leave this here until then, in case it might give some ideas :).

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  20. Pixelchaser

its a strange one, fine for figures <1.0, but then it gets to 4.2 etc, and I know this is multiplying it all.

in the editor for example, sun high, R= 4.2.

anyway I have created a new sky, and it works very well. I tested on everyone elses track and I like it. the sky doesn't set the same all the time anyway. this is the glorious sunset mod :lol:.

where did you do your test. where did you add this A figure.

: ascari, tracks
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice