W.I.P. Ascari Race Resort - Ronda, Spain.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by liquido, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

nice, all of this functionality is same as rtb, just the cross over to main 3d program is the problem. I think its a case of using snap tool in blender... for 2 million objects :lol:.

2. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

liquido, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  3. Pixelchaser

yeah, ive done scattering in 3dsmax but not like as specific like that. i was planting per face, and the surface wasn't high enough poly. so I made that surface 6 million through subdivide just to get more faces.. I shall need to read that a few times over I think.

4. tomcul

tomcul New Member

Can't wait to see this track looks great from the images posted, top work going on by the looks of it. Any news on a release date??

5. Pixelchaser

not yet, few issues working on it at present . but we`ll be back soon. as soon as we back together this will be completed in a month or two. so before the end of summer I expect.

liquido and Willy Wale like this.
  6. liquido

liquido Active Member

I had been disconnected two moth, maybe more, maybe less... I lost my father. he was "young" to left us, unspected for me and fast for him... it was a heart attack.

I belive you understand that we take a breack... I'm not looking for support talking about my personal life, ready or not things happens and everyone need to face and move on.

I'm ready to continue and thanks to Pixelchaser talent we will be able to enjoy Ascari in Assetto corsa, without his work I would never have invested so much effort in improving the model with which we started to work together, the truth is that I marvel at the textures he created with the photos we have on the circuit, he understands the shaders of the materials and until he does not see everything correct he will not rest easy.

I need to send him a new version of the track and reference textures with the final UV for the terrain... then he will be a able to work again... I'm close to finish that part of the project and Pixelchaser is ready to work... we want to finish this thing, it start to smell, and we want to make more projects, so is time to work.

I Hope nothing stop us to post updates in next days.

7. Pixelchaser

well helloo there, welcome back, hope you doin all right man, no rush, my deepest condolences too.

ascari will come together quite quickly this time round.

liquido likes this.
  8. Willy Wale

Willy Wale Member

very sorry to hear this news. As you say it is impossible to prepare for days like these. Only to focus on the people we love and the things that make us happy. If finishing Ascari is one of those things then I very much look forward to driving there. From what I have seen and read here it will be worth the wait

Rob

liquido likes this.
  9. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi @liquido , great to see you again but very sorry to hear what happened. I am truly sorry, my condolences.

liquido likes this.
  10. liquido

liquido Active Member

Thanks guys.

This weekend I will be able to spend the whole sunday at home with my computer... let see if I can finish something this sunday.

I want to pound the keyboard and mouse this Sunday. ;)

11. Pixelchaser

what are you to still do? i have trees and grass that needs planting and ten we need to source graphical content appropriate for it. i have the proper speed tree now, so w e can try make them in that, need examples of leaves and bark from Spanish trees to do that.

12. liquido

liquido Active Member

Great...

I need to separate meshes, grass, sand, gravel... from your satellite image.
    [​IMG]

I also create new barriers and tyre models with two LOD and new colision model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm placing splines everywere to use those curves/splines as reference to add barriers, tyres and guard rails... Once I have all placed, I need to check again the colision models, and the model will be yours.

I'm working on it at moment, you will have it the next week for sure.

13. Pixelchaser

nice, looking forward to it :)

14. ManoloElButanero

ManoloElButanero New Member

Im waiting here for the map! Great job!
    When is the date of release?

Un saludo desde Barcelona con ganas de que salga!!

15. Pixelchaser

I don't know either, Liquido disappear again. :(

16. ALB123

ALB123 New Member

Wow. I just stumbled across a 2 year old video of Pixelchaser driving his first lap around Ascari in his 458. The video is over 2 years old, but brand new for me. i had no idea Ascari was being worked on for Assetto Corsa. And by such talented modders as well. :D I know it's a WIP and that's cool...at least I can follow this thread now. Thx! :cool:

17. Pixelchaser

don't hold your breath, Liquido who is in spain and who made the track came back for a day about 100 days ago. and not seen him since.

I might be to blame. but I'm not sure. I have been depressed for practically 3 years. and the last year very very bad. all I could do was avoid my fears by modding. which wasn't the correct way forward.

now I'm getting over this weird time. but it also means I'm not modding either. but iam getting better. quite smoking last week and quit smoking weed. (which is the problem) mainly because of an un confirmed health scare of the not nice variety. (the worst variety) so I probably wont be completing it. (or anything else anytime soon ) - just being honest. I might be capable but my head is not in it.

18. ALB123

ALB123 New Member

Oh wow. I'm so sorry to hear these things. In that context a race track for a game is silly nonsense. Now I feel bad for even bringing it up. :oops: I've read many of your posts on various forums and you've always been a kind, helpful member of the sim racing community. I hope things come together and you find a way out from being under the cloud of depression.

I'm on 2 anti-depressants daily in addition to a bunch of other medication I take - some is to suppress my immune system due to a liver transplant I received. Weakened immune system equals a LOT of colds. :( Well, I'm glad to hear that you've quite smoking. That is an enormous obstacle to overcome. Many researchers/doctors compare the power of cigarette addiction to be equal to heroin addiction! So, I congratulate you on accomplishing that goal (the weed too). You should congratulate yourself too! :) I'm not as familiar with liquido, but wherever he may be, I hope he is safe and well.

I've been getting the 3ds max bug recently. It has been years since I've used it for anything remotely meaningful. I picked up a book - sort of a reference guide and a lot of mini projects and such - hopefully I'll catch the hang of things without too much struggle. 3ds max 8 was the last version I used regularly, I think. Just opening 3ds max 2017 made my head spin. :ROFLMAO: Thankfully, there are so many awesome tutorials on the web/YouTube and forums like here & RD where knowledgeable people help those who are still learning. :)

Pixelchaser likes this.
  19. Pixelchaser

with my recently acquired skills I could complete Ascari in theory very quickly, but it wouldn't be fair without liquido.

20. ALB123

ALB123 New Member

I am a big supporter of artists rights. Especially when they're willing to offer their work without a mandatory payment required (something similar to GNU GPL licensing). I absolutely respect your decision to cease all future development until liquido returns or grants permission.

: ascari, tracks
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice