W.I.P. Ascari Race Resort - Ronda, Spain.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by liquido, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

I think ill be redoing much of the materials again from scratch man. no worries.

2. liquido

liquido Active Member

Thanks for the advice Ali.... I try to recover the old config anyway but I will not spent much time on it.

Hope today we have something to drive and test the new mesh. working on that rigth now. ;)

luchian likes this.
  3. liquido

liquido Active Member

This project is not dead..... eventhough it is going through a difficult stage personally.

Some pics and updated first post

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  4. liquido

liquido Active Member

more pics of the updates... we are close to redo the physic mesh for the new road surface.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

luchian likes this.
  5. liquido

liquido Active Member

More updates, 3d kerbs finished, among other things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jebus, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  6. Pixelchaser

wow, you`re busy there man. :)

7. liquido

liquido Active Member

Finally we have 3d kebs... now I'm working in skid marks surfaces for visual layer and more stuff to dress the tarmac of the track with rubber, tons of rubber.

Maybe I need to tweak the second chicane, but the chicane is allready finished and now you can see the chicane from the last turn like the real thing.... is not a blind chicane like we had in the past.

[​IMG]

Only vegetation needs a lot of work, everything else is almost ready to go. The pitlane has new sketch texture x4 times bigger than before.

[​IMG]

I feel like I'm getting old during this project so I need to finish my part of that, or will be onwed by Ascari. :D

8. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Great to see life again in this project.
    If only 'some' could take action while feeling inspired by this :whistle:

Keep it up @liquido !

PS: cheers @Pixelchaser

liquido likes this.
  9. liquido

liquido Active Member

:ROFLMAO: fly like a butterfly, byte like a bee... luchian's subtle punch.

It is my fault that Ali dosen't reply my effort, I'm pretty sure he is going to work hard on this, acctually is our baby... at least I hope he also feels this project his onw project at this point.

But this weekend I promise I will be a good guy and send the new build to him and he will be able to retake the work... :D

Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  10. Pixelchaser

:lol: its sting like a bee man ! hahaha. I cant wait to get on with Ascari and texture it finally.

im here for whenever it needs textured of course. please, lets not force it. it gets done when it gets done. I got plenty to keep me busyuntill you get back Fer. but do get back.. ... track wise and other stuff heres 37 x 37 km scenery from California haha. it actually works in game.. I wanted to check out the new google mapping of the area aaround thunderhill. it has all the new track mapped now.

[​IMG]
    and heres a lovely lady in lego blocks. hahaa
    [​IMG]

Fernando is clearly feeling bad for something. but he bloody well should not feel bad for anything.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    liquido and luchian like this.
  11. luchian

Ahahahaa... guys I was actually speaking about me, 'cause I wasn't able to seriously touch on 3d work for almost 1 year now. And it is annoying me as hell. But still can't do it yet, unless I am willing to risk a burnout.

Aaanyyhooo... didn't wish to break the mood of the thread, on the contrary :).
    @Pixelchaser I see you're always enjoying the gigantic experiments, pushing limits :), very cool !

And maan, your lego art is soo cool. I actually considered at one point to do it for real from one of your images, but using real parts :).

Cheers guys, glad to see you in action !

liquido and Pixelchaser like this.
  12. Pixelchaser

I hope you do get to work on something luchian, you got the know how down, it should be relatively easy.

I wouldn't use of that scenery really. but problem with thunderhill is the 3000 m high mountains 35 miles away are visible from the track. but I so cracked it couple of days ago.

its impressive for just 450 K polys, that includes all the track detail too. its on separate terrain. but it seamless joins :).

earlier I made this test. this was 27 x 27. but my approach to taking the road along the flattest area wsant good. as you cant see all the sand dunes. but its quite incredible when you do get to them. NOT textured, just surface test. its an area south of Yuma just into mexico.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  13. Pixelchaser

just drove thunderhill scenery test in game no road . and well you cant even see the big mountains in the distance. but holy moly. having scenery extended so far out is the most incredible thing I ever seen in a sim. im blown away. its totally over kill but boy does it look good. the scenery is bumpy obviously but this time it really did capture thunderhill.

pre road laying
    [​IMG]

liquido likes this.
  14. luchian

OMFG ! The sheer scale feeling it's impressive !
    In the desert video - it really DOES hit you with "theeerree aaarrree nooo limitsssss!"

LE: oh, sorry for O/T Fernando, got carried away by emotions :D

15. Pixelchaser

me too, got carried away with that last night. I look forward to getting some ascari from you F, I got some new ideas for textures in the past month... and and and. well im changing the shaders and how I use em.

edited previous post adding video of a very preliminary simple road test. and well im dead happy with it.

16. liquido

liquido Active Member

Earth swallow me !! :lol:

I will upload the new build tomorrow. I like your Thunder Hill test Ali, RTB is a great tool to start projects, maybe the best for our propouses.

I will Send you the FBX exported version and also textures and Blender model from Ascari, I change a couple of things, rigth now the grass is from netkar pro... so there is not content from Rfactor anymore, how knows if in next future we can export to Rfactor2 also.

17. liquido

liquido Active Member

finally I managed to place some rubber on track.... we are close, really close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, I don't know how to expand the window inside the KSeditor, I hate the new GUI of this editor.... my screen is low resolution and I can't see anything in that little window.

Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  18. luchian

All riight ! Rubber the proper way. Well done F. !
    Trees in the far plane look a bit cardboard. Are you using the naming convention and tree shader ?

Pixelchaser likes this.
  19. liquido

liquido Active Member

No sir, Trees needs work as you pointed. I need to do a new model for them and also we are going to place tree walls on far distance.

Vegetation should be redone completely.... let's see.

I still have in mind to create a udge Xpack with lot of objects, like complex and simple trees, vegetation, fences, guardrails, ligth poles, extiguiser... and most of that is allready done.

20. Pixelchaser

rubber looks good man. I have all the files now.it`ll take a while to set it all back. or maybe not. lets see

: ascari, tracks
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice