W.I.P. Ascari Race Resort - Ronda, Spain.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by liquido, Apr 16, 2015.

1. liquido

liquido Active Member

xpack is a pack of objects to use with BTB. You can load them on every proyect to dress the circuit or stage. Bob's Track Builder is a great tool to start a project, it has limitations but it is great to place objects in short time.

I will Ali ;)

Jebus likes this.
  2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

a system that contains content for usage in race track builder and bobs track builder. we would fill it up with track side objects we want to use trees, plants barriers, signs etc , then we can use them in these programs.

edit: didn't see that post there Liquido.

liquido and Jebus like this.
  3. Jebus

Jebus Member

Thanks for the explanation guys. I googled it but the result was loads of xpacks that didn't seem to have anything to do with track builbing.

4. Pixelchaser

I guess this is a picture of an xpack and its content etc

this would be a signs xpack :lol:
    [​IMG]

5. liquido

liquido Active Member

Wow that's a nice Xpack.

We have to be carefull becouse Xpacks use to contain Riped content, I see a lot of RBR content in most of assetto corsa mod tracks published in the official forum, but I don't like to be a police man forum.

also sometimes the textures are atlas textures wich content the difuse layer for more than one object, sometimes you add one tree and the texture of that tree is a texture plate that content 5 trees that you are not using.

Jebus likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

of course we have our own custom xpack. wouldn't have it any other way !

Jebus and liquido like this.
  7. liquido

liquido Active Member

Working on Extingisher

Diferents LOD models looking for best preformance posible.

[​IMG]

luchian and Jebus like this.
  8. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Looking very nice !
    I (once) had a plan, of doing small assets like these and just sharing them here. I think modders should not loose time with this kind of things, if possible. The real added value is the track itself, the road, the texturing, the feel. All these objects are important for the overall atmosphere, but nobody will care if they are modeled from scratch or just reused from a shared library. And they would be right, imo. :).

liquido likes this.
  9. liquido

liquido Active Member

I will add some assets objects to that section of the forun once I finish them.

luchian likes this.
  10. liquido

liquido Active Member

I need more time than I think to change the visual mesh... the other day I discover the cutmall clark subdivision or something like this.. in the thread of laguna seca inside official forum thanks to Lilski who explains how to do.

I use that modifier in Ascari to achieve smoother visual mesh, and the fact to separate lines from asphalt and grass from the juction betwen grass and road makes a lot of holes in the scenary but once we finish that version of the road, it should be the last version of the grass and groun surrounding the track and we can export the terrain to BTB in order to plant the grass and vegetation among others details with upcoming Xpack.

Also I show a pic of the new firts Chinace with the actual kerbs wider than before, much wider.

[​IMG]

luchian, Pixelchaser and Jebus like this.
  11. liquido

liquido Active Member

Here you can see the diferences betwen old and new chicane.

Old chicane in google earth

[​IMG]

Old chicane in blender (without pixelchaser materials)

[​IMG]

New chicane in google earth

[​IMG]

New chicane in blender (without pixelchaser materials)

[​IMG]

I only need to fix every hole in the scenary to get ready the track for new physic layer.

That hole filling will take much than I want and spect, but it is easy to do and it deserve.

we are going to redo from zero the physic layer couse we think assetto corsa change completely in 1.2 update and this time we have better base to start the procedure.

Jebus and luchian like this.
  12. luchian

How did you get the data for the new chicane @liquido ?
    Based on feedback ? Google Earth ? Measurements ?

PS: oh and this is a strange chicane anyway :D (the real one)

13. liquido

liquido Active Member

Google earth is the only thing I have for this new update. :( Dany tell me they are going to do a Track Day in October... maybe I can take measures for it in October and take a lot of photos from missing details.

[​IMG]

Jebus likes this.
  14. luchian

Yeah, I see for the "shape". But how can you make sure about the scale ?
    Also, what about the plans in the first post ? Aren't they usable for checking stuff ?

15. liquido

liquido Active Member

The planes are from original project in 2007 I belive, no way the planes can help us in that update. By the way I find a lot of changes in kerbs and sandtraps when I started in 2010, so right now.. this is the only resource we have... and I'm not happy, but is what be have. :)

Jebus and luchian like this.
  16. Pixelchaser

I have started a little dual project. part 1 move Ascari further. part 2 xpack for RTB.

so I got 2 strip of grass made and ive made a Y shape tree mould today. will copy these for some variants then consider mapping with atlas texturing like KS use. :)

not much been happening lately on Ascari, Re mapping is a brick walland very annoying for Liquido i expect. but a little bit is a further bit in some other areas is a little bit further.... :lol:.

. i am jumping straight ahead to vegetation because it will have the most impact and as the long nights get shorter I think certainly my pace will pick up. having some modernised vegetation and grass will be quite motivating i think, I have had a bit of a bad time of late trying to get paid employment and well striving to generate income I have been trying to design unique poster concepts which has got quite interesting. And I believe I can make something of it in a very small way. just need to promote and sell the posters. but I can spend more time on furthering this project now in terms of design.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  17. liquido

liquido Active Member

Yes Ali, you are rigth I'm getting sick with all the fixes I have to do after do the new subdivision for every terrain and road mesh.

It will deserve the work, but is a pain in the ass... I only need more time... don't worry about that, only time is needed.

I want to see more of your Lego work!!! :)

Jebus and Pixelchaser like this.
  18. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax Member

Looks good, keep up the good work !
    And yeah, I also have my own BTB Xpack for the new Tracks Pack that you will see very soon for AC...:)

--------------
    Racer-Max
    -------------

Jebus, liquido and Pixelchaser like this.
  19. liquido

liquido Active Member

Hi guys only to say I'm back again... my old computer say enough is enough, now I'm working on new and better platform, hope it helps me to work faster.

I need severeals days to retake that proyect but I'm excited to be back again.

cheers!!!!

Jebus, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  20. liquido

liquido Active Member

That's why I'm getting mad with Ascari.....

[​IMG]

Thanks to LilSki I learn how to get better surface for Ascari, but that process needs to fix some juctions after apply the subdivision.

[​IMG]

I don't want to apply the subdivision to every mesh, so I need to fix a lot of holes, but as you can see, we are working to export a test of the new meshes.

I'm moving to the new editor and I'm not able to load the ascii format, hope I dosen't mean we loose the old configuration for the materials.

Pixelchaser and Jebus like this.
: ascari, tracks
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice