Any idea how to add a wet area to a track basically rain?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LockeNessMotorsports, Nov 17, 2016.

1. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

Hey,

So looking at tracks such as drift playground wet and one version of maze I know you can do it but does anyone know how?, Basically I have an idea I'd really like to create after some thinking and talking to a few mates of mine I wanted to make an advanced driving or car control course. A skid pad, braking areas, a track with wet parts and an autocross section. I wanted to make this to help people with their irl driving skills by giving them something in the sim on how to deal with understeer, over steer and brush up on their car control and push the cars to their limits.

However for this to happen I need to know how to do this, I'll need just sections slippy such as the skidpad and a small section of the track area.

Any ideas how to achieve it?

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

It's actually simpler than it looks. However, bear in mind this is a workaround, since AC doesn't sumulate wet surfaces.

Anyhoooo :

You need to have separate meshes for what will be your dry road and then wet road.

Name them as you wish in 3d software (e.g. 1DRY, 1WET)

Use the surfaces.ini to define their propeties (e.g. grip level).

Done. :)

..sent from my phone.

3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

hello ! got a link for any of the wet tracks and ill decipher exactly how its done? ive only done some basic tests.

for graphical looks using perpixelNM_uvmulti on a duplicated surface layer above the main layer might work or the perpixel multimap shader and using a lot of design on the blue channel of the "map" will increase reflectivity and make it graphically look wetter.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    luchian likes this.
  4. LockeNessMotorsports

Ahh ok I'll give it a go.

5. LockeNessMotorsports

Ahh I see cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice