Anyone knew Hope Racetrack in rFactor 1 ? One of the best looking tracks on that engine, if you ask me; made by the hands of @lemax (Miseluk, anyone ?), who was kind enough to allow us the conversion towards Assetto Corsa.
This is a side project, so progress is completely non-linear, however lots of hours were put in (and will be) in order to bring the track as close as possible to the AC capabilities. With that out of the way, here are a few notes about current version (starting with some screens)
Racing Circuit, Fantasy
Length 3.4 km
Pit boxes 32
- separate surfaces for correct properties
- complete new collision mesh
- road smoothing since lots of areas were too bumpy for AC
- primary trees (placeholders finally)
- new billboards
- ... and some more.
From an rFactor point of view, conversion is almost complete. However, it would be a pity not to aim for more, so a short list of things to be expected for the full 1.0 version (..whenever that might come) .
- dedicated physics surface
- modified grip in dirty areas
- new textures for road, grass, kerbs
- new trees (couple of 3d ones maybe)
- 3d grass
- fix all double sided materials
- details to be added (cones, banners, etc)
- some re-modelling for the really low poly objects
- working start lights
- add groove
-..feel free to add your suggestions.
Unzip under \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
- trees are sort-of placeholders - will be replanted in a future version.
- performance might be one for the moment - not much optimizations done since all the trees need to be redone
- AI might not always be smooth
OK, that would be all, hope you'll enjoy hope
..and don't hesitate to post your feedback about things you'd like to see improved.
Please DO NOT upload this somewhere else without my consent. I'd like to be able to have some measurements about the general interest and judge if/how the project should be extended. Feel free to share the link though , thank you.